What does marriage mean & why get married? GUYS & GIRLS

I think marriage has lost it's meaning.

I want people to give me there opinions on marriage today.

What does marriage mean and why get married?

Most Helpful Guy

• marriage is how a couple of man and woman express their love. and feeling love is different than just being turned on by opposite gender's sexiness. and love is not just in your mind and words. you and your love partner have to have real actions to build it and make it stay moving. each person, male and female, has freedom to choose his/her love partner. they have right to fall in love with someone and without force. but to express their love in marriage has many considerations depend on their wills and capabilities. so you and your love partner share responsibilities.

in a marriage, there are things where you are more expected to do, and there are things where your love partner is more expected to do. and once again, it depends on your free wills and capabilities. and the basic foundation why you this all is love. trust each other and appreciate trust.

thus, expressing your love requires both logic and intuition. so that what you and your love partner do is both realistic and devout.

What Guys Said 4

• I personally think marriage is an institution to help us make babies that grow in a normal family unit. The love shenanigans is interlinked but rarely does love truly last so it makes little sense to have marriage unless you think you found your soul mate or you want to have babies.

• I've been thinking about this for awhile now & I think Marriage isn't what it once was. I think Marriage has lost it's meaning & purpose. Marriage in The 21st Century is basically financial slavery for Men. So in return Men shouldn't get married for anything other than having children (because of the added benefits from big brother) & that before they sign the birth certificate they should demand a DNA test to confirm it's there biological children, Men also should have a Prenup before he says I do as well. Not to mention the fact that there's hardly any Marriageable Women in The U. S. to begin with...

• marriage make 2 different families into one family. marriage is like you have a responsibility to make your partner happy. have some babies.

i want to get married cause its necessary.

to share feelings , emotions etc

• Marriage is a man betting half of everything he will ever own that he can keep a woman happy until the day he dies.

What Girls Said 6

• Marriage to me is the coming together of two people to establish that they are committed and love one another. Marriage to me is also breaking away (not literally) from your own families to become your own family unit. Marriage shows security for both ourselves and our children, it means we are a secure family unit and that won't change.

• It is a way for people to get a serious promise from someone, that they are not going to leave as soon as something goes wrong which gives a certain sense of security I suppose.

It is also a legal thing in which if one of you die the other person can keep the house and any other joined possessions etc.

It also removes the taboo from introducing someone as your boyfriend/girlfriend, which in most cases makes your relationship seem less serious to other people than if they were introduced as your husband/wife.

Also, it's a reason to have a big party which focuses all on you, you get expensive presents and you get to go on vacation.

• I think marriage nowadays is more focused on personal growth and happiness- which is very good- and also symbolizes the highest form of commitment in a relationship. I don't think it's necessarily about having babies any more; there are many happily married couples these days who don't plan on having children.

• IMHO Men who Marry but don't want children are future Darwin Award Winners. They're just begging there S. O.'s to divorce them, take them to the cleaners where they then leave the men neutered & humiliated only for those ''men'' to commit suicide latter on 'cause it was too painful to keep on living...

• To me my marriage means someone who loves me and my kids . A man who all work hard for our family and accept me as me. I'm luck to have found a man like that :)

• You're right it has already lost it's meaning. People divorces just likevthat

• To me marriage is a symbol of commitment. Not for all but for me it would.