If someone you just met asked if you were married would you be offended?

Someone you never met before was talking to you and then asked if you were married, how would you react?

I asked a girl this over the phone and she got offended and won't talk to me anymore lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just answer and not really think much of it.

• @update I don't know why she would be offended... maybe she didn't like that you would be interested in her enough to ask something like that so early on? I have no idea lol... hmm

• thanks for BA

What Girls Said 10

• Not offended... I don't know how that would be offensive :P Uncomfortable, maybe, depending on the situation with the person. But it's just a question.

• I would be surprised that he was asking this so suddenly but would say no, well unless I was really married...

• Not offended but I'd think that guy is too rude or too weird. And that'd be why I stop talking to him.

• Thats kinda harsh though wouldn't you say?

• You mean such reaction of the girl is harsh? Uhm, maybe. But because you never met b4, so of course her defence will be very high so every strange behavior will be taken seriously. But because its not offending, I don't think it's a bad situation.

• laugh and be like no or yes . then ask why'd you ask?

• no lol why would I be?

• I wouldn't be offended but I think it to be strange lol

• Nah, not really.

• I wouldn't be offeneded but it might have been an awkward moment

• Id be weirded out

• i would laugh and say no, why.

What Guys Said 6

• I always figured that was asked because the asker was interested in that person, or, the person looks such that its hard to believe they might be married. I often assume in my case it's the latter but doesn't bug me.

• I would think that's an awkward thing to ask so early, but I would not be offended.

• lol , she's probably married and think she's been made. Now she's on the run. link =P

• I wouldn't get offended but I would think wtf.

Like are they that interested or what? I mean it seems a little too personal to be asking the first time you met but you could also just see if she's wearing a ring.

• Uhhhh...why do you wanna know? But no, don't think I'd be offended. It's happened before or been assumed by people I know and don't.

• No, how is that an insult. It's just a question.