Guys (or girls I guess): How intimidated are you about proposing? What are your feelings around it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have any feelings towards it now.

When I do get to that point, then I guess I'll be nervous, excited, all those things.

What Guys Said 2

• I proposed on July 4th 2009 downtown during the big fireworks show in front of maybe 5k people in indianapolis, scared the sh*t out of me. Ohh we were engaged for 6 days by the way. Her ex got out of jail and wanted to do drugs, I said no, she left me. Oh well

• Not at all. I think the whole thing is silly, though. Crazy ritualistic traditions...

What Girls Said 1

• not at all. if I was at a point I wanted to get married knew who I wanted, id already have a good idea that we want to be together, if I know someone so little that m not _ sure_ whether or not he wants to be with me, well then there would be no reason to 'propose'.

anyways I don't see a point in proposing. you discuss it & decide you want it or you dont.

i think people go all out proposing, so they can sit back & feel like they have done their job, fir the rest of t he relationship.

id rather discuss come to a decision, mutually.

but if I was going to propose, id already know we both wanted to be together, so no big deal.

if he said no, then we were not on the same age anyways.

its not a lottery. its not a court case. its not a closing speech. the answer doesn't change based on how you say, it or what words you pick.

if someone wanted to mary you, they want to mary you, regardless, of how, or if, or where you ask.