How to get rid of an annoying friend?

There's this girl at school who sits with my group and she's targeted me as her "best friend" She's not mean, but she's SO annoying! I tolerated her at first and pretended to be her friend at first because I felt bad but now I just want to get rid of her! I try so hard to ignore her but she'll come up to me at school and say "HEY! Wanna come to my house this weekend?!?" EVERY monday morning. I'm so sick and tired of making up excuses but I'm to shy to tell her straight up, but she seriously CANNOT take a hint! So what on earth should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same situation. What you have to do is when she talks to you don't make eye conact act like your'e in a rush to go somewhere. When she tries to talk to you ingore her and walk away like she isn't there. Never approach her or try to start a conversation with her then she'll think you guys are friends. The key is to act like you don't care what she has to say. It might take a few tries for this to work, but it will eventually work and she will def. back off, she will get the hint soon when you do this. Hope I helped. Good luck. :)

• Thanks for the advice, what do you say when she tries to invite you somewhere?

• Do you want to be friendly when rejecting her invite?

What Guys Said 1

• I could propose a few (6)tricks, but as a mod, I'd be forced to suppress my own post LOL

What Girls Said 2

• Oh good gravy. You sound like one of the girls in Mean Girls. If you don't like her just decline the invitation. You dont' have to be nice in a fake way just be civil. Put it this way, if you were the girl that was "Like, so annoying" how would you want people that didn't like you to handle the situation?

• I declined an invitation of hers once and she started crying and told her mom that I was a horrible friend because I said no to going to the fair with her! It's not that simple! I really do not want to hurt her feelings, I just want to separate myself from her, but it's hard because she is determined to be attached to my hip at all times.

By the way, I'm REALLY not a mean person at all! If I was one of the girls in Mean Girls I would say to her face that she was annoying and I'm not like that!

• This is all so high-school. She told her mother and started crying? Wait a tick, you made it sound like she asks you all the time. If she asks you to do something and you decline than that's that. If she cries and carries on than that's her own crap that she has to deal with. Honesty is the best policy. You could always have a one on one and tell her that you would appreciate it if she stopped asking you to hang out. No girl is going to keep wanting to hang out after a while. Be civil not cruel

• Ignoring her is going to make her feel hurt constantly and wondering why. The best way is just to tell her straight up that you can't be her friend because you don't feel connected or something. Tell her she's nice but you just can't be her friend. This might hurt her but at least it's only hurt once not like constantly.