Does a husband need to love his wife's family too?

I have learned to love my husband's family Because I am one of the family already. Do I have to force my husband to do the same? A lot of people loves my family because we are lovable. My husband is just not a "people pleaser."

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not absolutely necessary, no; many people have a relationship even though they don't particularly care for their in-laws. But, IMO, unless your in-laws are some pretty rotten people, and treat you (or their own kid) badly, I think everyone should make an effort to get to know and be friends with their in-laws.

Were something ever to happen to you, he wouldn't want to end up in a big fight with your family over your care, or your kids' care, or anything like that, just because he'd never made any effort previously. Those situations get really ugly sometimes, and it's worth the effort to befriend them and to be able to work together.

What Guys Said 4

• Not unless he's reponsible for their well-being. Which he shouldn't be as you are his family and they are his in-laws.

• I personally know that those married couples who closely stay in touch with their parents are miserable.

The healthiest choice is to live your own life.

There is a reason why you move out of their house, a reason why you make your own family, that in your house you'll be only a mother and wife but not a daughter anymore.

• Not necessarily, but it is nice to.

• Careful what you wish for here. Isn't enough that he loves you? Because the flip side is that the guy holds you responsible for what he doesn't like about your family and dumps you over it. You're already married, so maybe less likely, but it's easier to get a guy to love YOU than to love you AND your family.

What Girls Said 0