I asked my boyfriend when we getting married--is it too soon?

and he said that its too soon, we've been dating for 18 months, is it too soon>>?

Most Helpful Guy

• The range of being too soon depends on certain people. I know one couple who married after dating for 3 months and they were married for 30-40 years before the husband died. I think it depends on where you are in life before saying it is too soon, etc... If I was 30+ with no kids then I would certainly be willing to settle soon if I wasn't. That is my mindset though, and others differ very much. Right now at 23, I am not looking to settle for at least another year or two. It is a personal thing and some think a long time is needed before marriage, while others can marry in no time.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone is different. Iv'e been with my girlfriend for 8 months, I asked her before our deb that what do you think if someone asked them to marry them at the deb, what would you think. She says it's too early. She says on our 1yr anniversary that she wants it to happen. I'll say go from what your heart feels. Even though marriage is a big thing, you need to look at perspectives. Virginity is a special thing to. Hope this helps~

`Gavin

• That is WAY too soon. I'd ask after maybe ... 4 years? Probably would barely think about it until she really starts to pressure me about it. But then again, I just saw your age range. It may be a little different for that. Maybe 2.5-3 years.

• i think 24 months in a relationship is the best time to get married, answer mine

• It might be, but then again it might be he's just uncomfortable with it.

• HELL YA that's too soon!

• 18 months is a year and a half, ! when is the best time to get married?

• i just got out of a 30 month relationship, so longer than that. 30 months is two and a half years! I'm not gunna add to the horrible divorce rate statistics in this country

What Girls Said 2

• I think that it totally depends on you. And your boyfriend. Some people certainly move faster than others. Ultimately, though, it hinges on how ready you are, and it sounds like your boyfriend isn't ready. If he's uncertain, the last thing you want to do is push him into it.

• I went out with my boyfriend for 7 years before we got married. Then 8 years down the road through married life he has an affair, I find out about it and now we are divorcing!

There's no rush honey! You have to be absolutely sure about that person before you go down that road.