I am so sick of my boyfriend asking me to marry him while he is drinking but never mentioning it any other time.

I am so sick of my boyfriend asking me to marry him while he is drinking but never mentioning it any other time. We been together 5 years..wtf is he waiting for? What can I do to get him? to make up his mind

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not want to be evil Missy, but it seem that he is still in a phase of "Enjoying my freedom as long as I can".

Or..worse..the jerk-head might be comfortable and want things to remain the way they are so he does not have to feel/be committed.

Maybe you need to be un-traditional and force the issue by proposing to him - this will literally force him to make a decision.

If he tries to dodge, you have your answer and should tie his little [or big] mister in a double-knot.

If he accepts...i might squeal at that point and get squishy >-<;;

What Guys Said 2

• I'm just guessing but marriage is something you value and it's one way he pushes your buttons which he finds entertaining especially while drunk.

• You can always try yourself. But really, it's something you can't force him to do, maybe he's just not ready.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe he's not the one you should marry...

Did you tell him yes when he asked you?

Maybe the poor guy is drinking to get it out and then he gets drunk and you never answer...

Try telling him yes next time, just to see how it goes.

At worst you can remind him the tomorrow morning that you got engaged the previous night.

• Ask him. if he says no. he's not ready. maybe never will be. if that bothers you. move on.

what is complicated about any of this, that you have to wait for him to tell you things when he's drunk., if you took control of the situation, u'd have nothing to be irritated with him, about. you're letting him control you & you're staying angry. its unhealthy. just ask.

• why don't you talk about it to him