What is your take on this theory?

"It is better to get married (or get involved in a relationship) and have kids even if it won't be a happy relationship than to remain single and risk never having kids or being with someone"

*** This is in case you WANT to be in a relationship and have kids.

So, what do you think of this theory?

Failed relationship with good outcome like kids OR risk being single forever?

Of course I don't agree with it although some people do. Thanks for the great answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't agree with it.

I'd rather bring children into this world who would have a loving, happy family than have them just for the sake of my fear of remaining alone.

What Guys Said 9

• Biology may want you to be a baby maker. Goons with 'wife beater' undershirts may want you to be servants and sex slaves. Religions may want to be subservient and cowed. If you think that will make you happy, then fine. Being alone does not mean you have to be lonely, unloved, cherished or exercise whatever measure of maternal love you wish. And you don't have to be a "Dagmar": "I vant to be alooone." Try "I love myself.", "I own my own life and I will live it as my heart chooses." Besides, what do you care what others think since its none of their business?

Oh, and just because you are your own does not mean you cannot go to church, temple, chapel or ceremony.

• Sorry but I don't agree with getting kids in a relationship your not happy with, EVER.

It'll never be a big happy warm family because of that, it'll bring a whole lot of drama over time as at one point or another you'll say "i'm not happy and I deserve better".

Even if you are forever alone, you can still get pregnant, you can still adopt if you really want children and it sure as hell beats having parents that are constantly fighting or even worse, parents that get a divorce and actually tell the truth about them not having been happy for a long time (if ever) in the relationship because the kid will blame him/herself 9 out of 10 times.

• This is a horrible theory. No one should support this!

• Family and love in family is almost everything. It is a refuge after a hard day, support in difficult moments. The children are part of ourselves, and yet it's completely your own. Create a family at any cost is not good, but also not good for children to grow up without one parent.

• This is not a good idea. If you have children with someone with whom you are not compatible, your children will be very unhappy in the future. They will have unhappy relationships and they will just get hurt.

• What's the point of that? You're unhappy with your own life so you screw up someone else's life by sticking them with kids and screw up the kids lives by putting them in to a broken home. I don't see how what you are suggesting could ever be a positive thing. It just seems like it would make a bad situation worse.

• Well some people say its obviously noit the right thing to do, but I bet all of my money that all of those people that are saying this in the future will settle down anyways. Why you ask? Social pressure, no body wants to be lonely and sexual urges.

• It is tempting but if I have children I want them to see a loving relationship between mother and father.

• I'll take being forever alone.

What Girls Said 6

• What is your take on this theory?

That it seems to place being with someone and having kids as the end all be all. As well as it seems to be overlooking you can have kids without being with someone and may be happier alone than miserable with someone.

I'd be single forever as in my opinion it's better to be alone than with someone and miserable. Plus I think it's far far better to be single as a relationship for a heterosexual gal is all cons and most guys aren't worthwhile partners.

• Why do you think most guys aren't worthwhile partners?

• It seems that the sole motivation is sex, youth/beauty are the most important factors, and many aren't interested in long-term or committed relationships rarely thinking in the future rather thinking gals are there to placate his ego and put out when he wants how he wants.

Though overall it's because I think most people aren't worthwhile partners.

• @So, what do you think of this theory?

I think its retrded/ being singe isn't a risk. its a lifestyle. Anyways, you can get married have kids, then your husband/ wife can leave you after 0 years. there's no guarantee to not being alone. You're better off maintaing your sense of self, dignity. independence and embrace being alone-- rather than fearing it. imo.There's _always_ a chance you'll be alone.

• Haha yeeeeah f*** that. Unhappy relationships aren't simply "not happy," they're miserable because you're tied to someone who doesn't understand you, doesn't fulfill you, isn't your best friend, etc. I would rather be all by myself forever.

• I'd ather stay single forever. It works for me.

Sometimes, having kids isn't all that rewarding like it's all cracked out to be.

• Yes I agree with it. Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I agree whole heartedly. Life is about have experiences, whether good or bad

• rather be single than unhappy