I don't really understand why he asked me to marry him if he's not ready?

Okay, we got engaged last oct. on our 4 year anniversary.. and so far we Haven't made any wedding plans at all, he doesn't want to even discuss anything. so I don't really understand why he asked me to marry him if he's not ready? The other night after asking him if we could get married this year on our 5 year anniversary I just got the response: I don't know. so after I thought a little bit I said : I love you. and I know what I want. I don't want to pressure you in to doing anything but maybe we should take some time a part so you can figure out what you want.. and he responded back by saying: oh. and that was pretty much the end of our conversation. the whole next day he wouldn't talk to me. I just showed up at his house and sat outside until he came out. he finally did and let me come in but he wouldn't talk to me so basically we sat in silence for 6 hours. then I left and came home.. and this morning I texted him and said: I don't know what you want me to do or say every time I say something you get mad at me. which is why I find it hard to believe you want to be with me... most people who have asked you to marry them don't get mad at you when you want to talk about your future together. I feel like I can never be excited about marrying you because I never know if you really want to. and his response to that was good... what does all of this mean? am I doing something wrong?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he's just being a bit too laid back and lazy about it, or maybe his interpretation of how things progress is to get engaged and then at some point in the near future get married? I've seen that with many people

What Girls Said 0