Guys what would be the reasons why you are not married yet at 35?

You are successful with your career, you have a successful girlfriend. Why can't you tie the knot?

i mean "the knot" :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, firstly, some men, as demonstrated just on GAG alone, aren't capable dealing with the stresses and challenges of being married, they simply don't have it within them. Guys who can only see a marriage as a prison or tether are perfect examples of such men; they are right to choose not to get married - they couldn't handle it. For many other men, they are proceeding carefully, committing oneself to a single partner theoretically for life is a major step, it's one decision you wanna make sure you get right. Especially in the US, divorce is unfavorable towards men, so if a guy messes this one up, it will cost him dearly.

And there are other factors, timing usually. Good character men want to have, as we say here, all the ducks lined up, before taking on the responsibility of a marriage and a family.

What Guys Said 7

• i'm not 35 yet, but very close to that and the reason why I won't be married is extremely simple - I have too much money.

and I worked extremely hard - I still am - to get where I am, and there is absolutely no way I would put my money in risk. also, prenup is not 100%.

plus, we all know that a little pathetic charade doesn't change anything.

• Because I don't want marriage? Because some ceremony takes a back seat to the actual relationship? Because it changes nothing except taxes and property rights?

Why are you so intent on the idea that people HAVE to be married if they're with someone for a long time? It's something I don't understand about people.

• if I tie the knot, I am tethered. I don't like being tethered.

• Well, in my case, I am a widower

• It may not be something he sees as a priority.

• Because many girls will treat you like crap once they have "secured" the relationship, and because in that siruation the guy has a lot to lose in case of a divorce.

• IMO marriage is one of the biggest decisions a person makes in their life. Obviously looking at the divorce rate...many don't agree with me. I'm 30 and not married...I'll likely be at least 35 before I do if things don't change in a hurry. I know exactly who I'm looking for..and I don't have any plans to waver just for the sake of getting married. In America our culture looks down on those my age who aren't married. There's a lot of pressure on singles in their 30's. Not only from people but from time itself. I just haven't found the right person who thinks I'm the right person. Many guys are just too selfish, or immature to make the commitment around this age...sometimes ever.

What Girls Said 1

• Not every one wants to marry. I certainly dont.