Forsake all others? aww the married life .. lol

do you think its possible to be married to someone forever or even 20 or 30 years and NEVER EVER cheat on that person ? is this realistic or not .. I feel torn on this because I feel like its very possible and is what is meant to be intended .. I mean that is what being married is you and that person and no one else. but on the other hand I can see the other side to it that we all are human and we all get tempted and giving the right situation I think anyone would or could cheat . I'm not saying cheating is not wrong it is and its very painful for both people . I am a married women I would like your opinions on this subject. and no I have not cheated on my husband . I was having this convo with a girl friend and we couldn't agree on this lol

for those of you who are not married it is very easy to say ( I'm going to find the love of my life and never cheat on them ) the truth is when your married even to the ONE the love of your life ( like I am .. I love my man so much ) I still think cheating is a huge huge obsticle that will come up in a relationship sometime or another I think the way a couple deals with it is what keeps them together or not . things are very dif when married for a while you get so used to that person...
and sometimes when that happens the lust you once had when dateing it will fade . that's when people often cheat I think .. not cuase they want someone else but because they want the fun and lust feeling agian . that is why most cheaters never leave there wifes or hubbys becuase they are inlove with them and they want them . .they cheated for the sex only . IM NOT SAYING THIS IS OK AT ALL .. I just think that's what happens and yes you should be faithful but to do that you must be FULL OF FAITH

Most Helpful Guy

• It's absolutely possible and yes I hope to one day spend the rest of my life with that ONE special woman that I go crazy for. I could never cheat on a woman. Id rather tell her straight up I have feelings for another person than cheat on her. It taks dicipline and self control to not cheat in a marriage, its difficulty isn't troubling if you love your spouse, but we all feel it from time to time. Wolves mate for life and never cheat :)

What Guys Said 7

• My parents have been together for 28. Definitely possible. But It's rare to find any woman with the fortitude let alone will power to keep her pants on and not go eye f***ing some dude in her mind and losing control. If you slept with a guy in HS you already lowered your chance of a successful marriage to about 50% . anything else starts become less and less likely to succeed. Add in divorce which is started 75% of the time by women, and you have your answer. Cheating is not a hard thing to withhold yourself from. Full of faith? I won't need faith if I trust them,and know I can. I don't give trust out easily. But nowadays, any girl who only offers sex and only brings that to the table is probably just a tramp and nothing worth keeping around. Many women initiate the idea of marriage and usually men run the other way. I don't know the excuses any one has can be justified. No relationship is perfect, there will be turbulence as always. Life isn't a smooth ride. It's up and down, left and right, sh*t goes bad, and then it turns out to be great. Relationships are no different. Many don't understand that though. There are probably more child like women out there than there are men. But there is definitely more men who stopped giving a f*** as well and decided "hey lets not go to college".

Being human excuses nothing. I can be tempted to kill someone, but I do not act upon it. If you are THAT emotionally unstable, you shouldn't have a relationship to begin with as you're going to destroy someones life. Many men end up committing suicide in turn. 4 times as likely as any woman anyways. Judging by the statistics of American women being nut cases, and largely being on pills for their issues, I'd be very very careful with which woman I gave my trust to in this country. Not to say other nationalities have 'perfect' women, but they are more stable. Eastern European women like romanians tend to sleep around a lot though and many men have issues holding them down in a relationship.

• In fact, I'll be celebrating my 20th in 2017. So far, all is well. I'm not miserable and I'm not sacrificing and I'm not hanging on -- I'm happy with the arrangement and I'm satisfied.

I know some couples do break-up in their later years because they've been riding rough waves a long time. Remember, a person doesn't fall apart in just one day, and neither does a marriage. A good marriage takes effort to destroy.

So anyway, when did you get to be so cynical? There are plenty of people, currently living and not fossilized, who are married 20 and 30 years, and many non-living who were married for their entire lives. Why would you even ask if it was possible?

You are solipcistic in your outlook, that men and women can never truly know one another and thus have no choice but to be self-seeking in all their pleasures. Is this the truth of your own existence?

A pity...

• It's very hard, but I won't say impossible.

• do you think you could be with someone for the rest of your life and not cheat ever ? I'm asking about you personally ?

• I haven't been with someone my whole adult life, but I never cheated on a committed relationship either.

• Idk..I have been married for 17 years and never gone out on her...

• Hope so. My parents have been in an arranged marriage for almost 30 years. And they haven't cheated on anyone.

• my brother's soon to be ex wife cheated on him for 5 years before getting caught, she got knocked up by the other guy. imagine having to DNA test all 3 daughters just to make sure they are all his?!

FYI, they barely made 9 years.

• of course it's possible to stick with one person

What Girls Said 3

• i was in a three year relationship and even when our relationship went really sour, I didn't see anyone else in a lustful way. I only had eyes for him even when he was terrible to me. I think I will definitely stay faithful in a marriage. (I know three years isn't long but its just when I am committed my eyes change)

• thank you for your input . ( no lesbo or nothing ) but what a pretty girl ! I don't think you will have much problems of getting cheated on any time soon LOL .. three years is pretty good really . I been with the same person for 12 years ( married for one year to him so far) its not all been roses but I love him much ! its just funny how marriage changes things the I wanna cheat monster tries to creep up in your head sometimes and you got to be strong and make it go away LOL

• awh thank you! :) and 12 years is a long time! Good for you though! :)

• It depends on the people and what there marriage is based on.

I can honestly say, I would never cheat.. I just wouldn't.

If husband cheated on me I would want him to be honest and tell me because I could forgive him BUT I would never touch him again/let him touch me again (I mean, I wouldn't kill him lol but I'd end the marriage and let things end peacefully). Howeverrrr, If he didn't tell me he cheated, and decided to sleep with me after sleeping with someone else.. lol.. I'd be some kind of furious and all hell would break loose.

• their marriage*

• I think its very possible to be married for several years & not cheat