Guys, when do you start thinking about marriage?

At about what age did you personally start wanting to settle down? Thanks all!

Thanks everyone :) great responses

Most Helpful Guy

• Thinking about it? Eh maybe age 4 or 5? Thinking that maybe I might be ready? Eh..maybe 22? Thinking that I am probably ready? Eh...about 28 or 29...Knowing that I was ready? idk..sometime in my earlier to middle thirties...(:(:(:

What Guys Said 11

• I had a game plan where I would be married by 23 and have kids by 24 but that was only in a way a kid thinks about such things. My first thoughts of marriage likely came about when I started becoming aware of the opposite gender but real consideration only came as of recent. Education, work, financial independence, emotional stability and maturity, things like that are what comes into the picture and not what age I feel I should be.

If you're not satisfied with the above answer then I would say 20-30. I would think "real" consideration would come at 20-30 for most people. That the normal stage in a persons life when things start to settle down and marriage becomes a solid possibility.

• about 21, I reached a point where all the partying and being sleeping with someone to put a notch on my bed post got old. I also want a family. I had the chance just before I turned 21 and turned it down, as the thought of settling down scared me, now I wish I had taken her up on that offer, as I do really want someone to come home to and all.

• When I was in my early / mid teens I thought marriage sounded great and thought about how wonderful it would be. These days all I think about is not wanting to get married. Maybe I'll start thinking about marriage again in 13 years. (Although it will probably be sooner).

• fifteen. seriously thought about it then. even more seriously think about it now. and seriously have some plans with an awesome girl to seriously get married :)

• I will start thinking about marriage when I find the person I know I truly want to spend the rest of my life with and I may have found her.

• I've never put much thought into it until the last couple years. But I can't really see myself settling down for at least another three or four years.

• I think I'll be ready at around 30.

• Never really crossed my mind. I do however want to find someone who agrees with me that you don't need a piece of paper and a fancy do to show how much you love one another.

• 36

• I think I'll be ready around my late twenties.

• The only time men think about marriage is when women keep bringing it up.

What Girls Said 3

• 25-30.

• Think it depends on the guy

• Never