Is this the Future?....

So my boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. And he has sent me texts saying he is stupid if he would not ask me to marry him in the future.. well we are getting a place of our own and we tell the people we are engaged just so it would make things easier. well we ran into one of his friends and she was like I heard you are getting engaged he was like no I will never do that again. then we were talking and he said yes I love you but I will never get married to you why have a paper that says we are together besides if we ever break up why spend thousands of dollars when you are not married you do not have to spend anything. then one of his friends got engaged he was like no that is a horrible idea never do that I will never and kept repeating himself. I have always wanted to get married. Of course when I am older. But still it kinda bothers me. What is your opinion on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting married is a huge deal. In fact, if it means a lot to you then you need to sit down with him and ask where he sees you guys in the future and to see how you guys stand. Obviously if you don't want to get married now then mention that, but also you need to get this straightened out now. Especially if you guys are going around saying you're engaged when you're not really are at all.

What Guys Said 2

• If you guys don't breakup, he is probably going to come around. I wonder what happened to change his mind tho?

• Clearly you may have a difference in values. This is why I address these kinds of issues early on in dating. Ironically I appear crazy because of it (no I'm not asking about marriage on the first date). But these are the types of serious values that people need to get out onto the table early on in a relationship so that time isn't wasted on a doomed relationship.

As the BA said, just sit him down and have a serious talk. Tell him you aren't trying to get married right now, but that what you are looking for is a guy who can be your potential future husband. Talk to him serious about both of your values regarding the issue and see if you both are on the same page. If not, then its up to you to determine if you want to continue on in this relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• bring up the conversation when he said he would merry you and tell him you don't wanna be played with and if hess not gonna merry you don't go around saying things like that...

if you guys are together for a long time eventually he'll come around to merrying you

• If he really loves you he will marry you and commit to you. He says he's worried about the cost of divorce- warning sign.

• Jeez, why do people marry at such youn age?