Proposal question... need some advice!?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year now. We are both in our mid 20's, almost done with school, etc. We have talked about marriage since the beginning of our relationship, and I was starting to think that he would propose this summer. We've been on 2 vacations in the last 4 months, and I really thought that it would have happened by now! But, I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. I mean, we talk about getting married all the time. We've gone to look at properties to build a house, we've talked about kids names, and picked out a venue. But about a week ago, this girl we used to hang out with texted him. If one of us is closer to a cell phone, we will typically just read the message. So, I did. She was asking him if he was going to propose soon. I got all excited, so of course, I checked for his response later. He said, "No. We're not there yet." I was devastated. But last night, his mom was texting me and she said, "Hey! I think he might finally buy that ring! We've all been waiting!"

I don't know what's going on. And I know that part of the fun is the element of surprise... but I just want to know that I'm not being played. His text to that girl really disappointed me. What do you guys think?

i'm just looking for an outsiders opinion. it's so hard to tell, because everyone wants us to get married really badly... so everyone thinks he's just holding out.

What Guys Said 1

• It's your relationship, you should know it better then any of us... There's no way to know what's going on in his mind.

• ah well, it doesn't matter what other people want. It's between you two. If he doesn't think you are there yet, then you're not. Same goes for you.

• Last time I checked... from every conversation we have, it IS what we both want. But now he's telling someone else differently.

What Girls Said 1

• Tbh, I don't think you should rush into marriage. I know you've been going out a year and you love him but if he isn't ready, then marrying now is a big no. I think you should ask him why he is waiting and what he is waiting for.