Proposal question... need some advice!?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year now. We are both in our mid 20's, almost done with school, etc. We have talked about marriage since the beginning of our relationship, and I was starting to think that he would propose this summer. We've been on 2 vacations in the last 4 months, and I really thought that it would have happened by now! But, I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. I mean, we talk about getting married all the time. We've gone to look at properties to build a house, we've talked about kids names, and picked out a venue. But about a week ago, this girl we used to hang out with texted him. If one of us is closer to a cell phone, we will typically just read the message. So, I did. She was asking him if he was going to propose soon. I got all excited, so of course, I checked for his response later. He said, "No. We're not there yet." I was devastated. But last night, his mom was texting me and she said, "Hey! I think he might finally buy that ring! We've all been waiting!"

I don't know what's going on. And I know that part of the fun is the element of surprise... but I just want to know that I'm not being played. His text to that girl really disappointed me. What do you guys think?

Updates:
i'm just looking for an outsiders opinion. it's so hard to tell, because everyone wants us to get married really badly... so everyone thinks he's just holding out.

0|0
1|1

What Guys Said 1

• It's your relationship, you should know it better then any of us... There's no way to know what's going on in his mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • ah well, it doesn't matter what other people want. It's between you two. If he doesn't think you are there yet, then you're not. Same goes for you.

• Last time I checked... from every conversation we have, it IS what we both want. But now he's telling someone else differently.

What Girls Said 1

• Tbh, I don't think you should rush into marriage. I know you've been going out a year and you love him but if he isn't ready, then marrying now is a big no. I think you should ask him why he is waiting and what he is waiting for.

0|0
    0|0