Guys...Do you always wonder about females..whether they make a good girlfriend or wife?

I have heard the question asked "Do guys always think about sex when they see a girl?" Answer for me (and I suspect for most guys) is No. However, I have realized that I constantly weigh & judge females as to whether or not they would make me a good SO or wife. I started that when I was a boy and think that I will continue to my grave..not thinking of divorcing or replacing my wife...simply a life-long habit and not even aware that I am doing it usually...So guys...do you do this as well? Girls can chime in..do you do this as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• i do wonder if they would make a good girlfriend. I always wonder what that girl would be like to be with

What Girls Said 9

• No, I am not consciously aware of evaluating a man's prospect as a husband.

Sure, I will occasionally make a passing assessment of "Would his temperament agree with my own? Could I stand any excessive amount of time together?" In most recent cases, the answer is no. I simply have a low tolerance for immaturity-- but that certainly does not imply that I behave impolitely.

I wouldn't necessarily categorize that as weighing someone's husband qualities, though.

• Well but "would his temperament agree with my own" is what I am referring to...I may have overstated my position by bringing up the idea of "marriage material"...basic compatibility is more what I was thinking of..and you are telling me that yes..you do that as well..Thanx for responding!

• @Arcano Thanks for the comment (the reality check thing?!)

• I actually do that quite a bit. I thought I was either alone on it or that it was some sort of clingy behavior. I've never had a boyfriend and am still a virgin and such people tend to be judged as or assumed to be clingy people. It's probably a normal thing to do for most people. Maybe just a biological/evolutionary instinct to automatically zone in on a possible mate's qualities that make them worth being with...

• HA! You are normal in my book...not sure how you feel about me!...<3<3<3=D

• Yes, love is indeed in the air. It's just a matter of getting the ball rolling and actually making it happen in real life that's the tough part. I never thought I'd have to deal with an LDR, but this guy seems worth it if that's what ends up happening.

• Well congratulations! Yeah ldr are tough...but better than none at all! I am happy for you...(:(:(:

• I do that but it bothers me. I think about me and my boyfriend getting married but it annoys me because I can't see that far ahead. Yet I get mad after I say that because it's like saying I don't have faith which of course I do. >_< but now after this question I'm gonna let my mind go.

• lol..u funny...I know that stuff like "rehearsing conversations" is stupid...at the end of the day though we are all human? And my point is that..HELL..married for 17 years..why do I care if a female is marriage-compatible with me or not? Part of this is just habit...but...even though I have no intention of leaving my wife..is it not somewhat fun to speculate? :S

• It is. But it makes me feel foolish when I think about me and my boyfriend bring married. We haven't even been dating a year so some people would think I'm getting my hopes up. But it is fun all the same.

• I do it some. Like if I can't see myself marrying them then I wouldn't ever date them(most likely). So I kinda have to do it to figure that out. lol

• Makes sense to me..Thank You for responding!..(:(:(:

• now that I think about it I do even though I am happily married (well most days we have our moments) its really strange to something I don't fully understand. I guess its just instinct

• Well It was something that I always thought about when I was a boy..what kind of girl will I marry? I always thought I would marry..did not want to wait until I was 38...but w/e...o.O

• Yes I do this

• O.O You actually talking to me? Eh..I am not mad at you..never blocked me at least...(:(:(:

• yeah I do that and so far I haven't found the one who I can see my self marrying in the future!

• HA! Don't worry about that...I was like that too..and I have been married for 17 years...don't even bat an eyelash...there is nothing wrong with you...(:(:(:

• Not really...

• Of course not...males don't do that either... I am disingenuous..you could never trust me..:O

• Never.

What Guys Said 9

• All the time. I'm always thinking about whether or not I would think she would be compatible with me or if we could survive as a couple if we did started dating.

• I think for me both questions hit my mind at about the same time.

Admittedly what most likely happens first is the sex part. In other words, her looks and sex appeal are what turns me head, but immediately after I'm sizing her up and trying to get a read on her personality type, ultimately for answering your second question, "whether or not she would make a good GF/Wife.

• I imagine our moments together,how it would be to spend my time with her.Some girls are compatible,some are not.I pay attention to her moves,the way she acts...I don`t like empty barbie dolls,even if she has the best body and the cutest face,I prefer an average/not so good looking girl who is compatible with me than a super sexy plastic doll.So yeah...I Always wonder if they would make good partners...

• No. Never.

• When I meet a girl I'm not thinking or sex or a relationship at first, I just want to know what kind of person they are... Nothing more nothing less. I'm just poking my head out and looking around a little bit. Depending on what I find out, will determine how I see her.

• I have to admit, I do. I do it for every single girl I meet, but if I see she's not girlfriend material, I put her in a different category.

• I often wonder what their thinking about me. One look at me and they run away.

• Don't take it so hard...there a quite a few girls who like me...but I have seen them cross the street and I have had a couple that screamed and ran...O.O

• I usually look at their lips and eyes and imagine what they'd look like looking up at me while giving me a blowjob.

• I am on wife #4. Had I given that adequate thought...what constitutes a good wife and whether the present prospect qualifies, id be a lot better off. I don't do it now because I hit the jackpot on #4. I am more likely now to wonder/imagine what they look like undressed generally and, specifically, what their p*ssies look like; innie outie shaved bushy groomed etc. And yup, what some of the younger skinnier ones look like peeing :-P

• Heh Heh! Lots of us are with you on the peeing thing Bro...(:(:(:

• I would love to see your pink peeing, pink_love

• That is VERY naughty of you...O.O