He won't get engaged but wants to do anything to prove commitment...strange ideas?

The boyfriend and I have been together 2 years. He will not get engaged, said maybe 4 or 5 years down the road. He wants to buy a house in my name, and I am skittish about it. It is going to be a huge payment that he can walk away from at any time. I cannot afford it on my own. I told him this. He says he will not get engaged, but will sign paper stating that he is not leaving, do anything else but will not engage. Is this odd, and why can't he commit? I'm not really up the live in boyfriend forever deal.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• No, I won't marry you but, buy us a house please? I don't think so. I actually did put our place in my name and I was advised against. Had he walked, I would have been in trouble. I never once doubted him like that though, and we had only been together 3 months. However, at 8 months he proposed. He's very monagomous and has had no problem committing, at the age of 27. Listen to your gut.

• We have been together about 2 years. He will NOT propose. He is willing to do anything to prove his commitment. He said "maybe 4 or 5 years down the road we will be married by then". My gut says he's going to walk as he wanted to break it off a couple times before.

• Whats the wait for? You aren't in your twenties anymore . . . What does he think is going to happen/ not happen/ change in the next 4 years. That's a long time to wait. You may be at a serious crossroads here, good luck to you.