Is it wrong that I don't want to go to my mother's wedding?

This will be husband #4... and I really don't think it will last...

This is my mother we're talking about here...

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing you need to ask is this: Is it an open bar?

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on who you ask. Personally, I'm sure she won't be thrilled, but it might send a message. However, this is a delicate situation any way you look at it. Your relationship wih your mother clearly hangs in the balance here. You're going to have to ask yourself some important questions about the importance of your mother in your life and go from there.

• I think it's normal.

• you should go .. she is your mother and that would mean a lot to her + its just a one night not a weekend

• Not wanting to go is alright.

Actually not going is a different story. Not going would be making a statement that's more than just doubt in the relationship lasting. I see it as one of those classic moments where you just have to put up with it because she's your mother.

• Damn I don't blame you.

• Free food, free booze, and you might meet a hot guy there.

• Hey, I can't really blame you sh*t I be suspicious too.

What Girls Said 9

• really? hmm. well I mean I don't know if it's just beacuse of that and it's not really because you don't like the guy or are against it...then...why not? I mean it's always nice to go and support your loved ones especially if there isn't really any real conflict going on. Just because people say it's not going to last or whatever doesn't mean that they are always right. =/ maybe she really found the one this time. Yes, I don't know her...but again it's your mom...you should be there for her.

• I agree. It's not like it's going to kill you. Go and support your mother.

• +1 I have the same experience and I went I know it is embarrassing but I think you should support her.she may feel lose grieved if you will not be there.

• LOL stop being a hater and just go. she would want you there. put your personal feelings aside and show support by attending

• Husband #4? You'd think there'd be some sort of lesson learned here. Anyway, I understand your position. I don't think it's wrong, but your mother might not like it. I'm sure she'll be upset. I would go just to show support for her, even if you don't think this will last.

• I think you should go. It's your mother's wedding. How many times she's been married shouldn't matter. She is the reason you're here anyway. I say go and support her. It will put a smile on her special day. Now, let's talk about you not showing up. It will make her sad and think you don't care about her. Going is better choice for both of you. :)

• It's understandable that you don't feel like going, but if I were you I'd go anyway. She's made her choice and who knows, it may turn out to be a mistake, but don't add to that mistake by ruining her big day and damaging your relationship with her.

• I would just go but I can feel how you would feel. I wouldn't be too happy

• I think you should go out of respect for your mother.

• I wouldn't but since she is your mom go ahead

• I don't want to go to lots of things. Like school, and funerals. But I still go. This is wedding. It's her money she's burning, not yours. I'd go anyway. Free food and dancing and everything...and just get it over with.