• Ask
  • myTake

Why does my husband take off his wedding ring when we argue?

We've been married for 7 years -- second marriage for both. He has 2 kids, I have 3, and they are all teenagers, ranging from 15 (my triplets) to 17,... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• On the matter of his employees, not all men (or women for that matter) wear their wedding rings every day. I'm going to talk about this in my next article, but there's a difference between book-smart and street-smart. Just because someone is educated and "accomplished" doesn't mean they know how to properly interact with and treat people. I learned this the hard way with one of my former co-workers. Yes, he was well-educated, well-dressed, and had a good resume, but he was pretty much a 40-year-old frat boy. All in all, though, I agree with the anonymous girl. These sound like issues more suited for a professional counselor. It's clear that he takes off the wedding ring and gives you the silent treatment as a symbolic thing, but as for solving it? That's beyond what this site can offer. I'm sorry. Thoughts and prayers.

What Girls Said 1

• Please get some couples counseling. I don't see a happy ending. Your kids future are at stake. I hope you don't fight in front if them. I pray and feel for you.Best of luck