Why do men get cheap wedding bands?

I see an awful lot of men that have these ugly cheap gold or silver wedding bands that couldn't have cost her anymore than $100 dollars. Why is it that women expect these massive diamonds while they contribute pennies to his ring.? I paid $800(monster sale from $1200)for his it has a double row of diamonds. A lady came in with what looked like at least a 15,000 dollar ring on her finger.. The color size and clarity was unbelievable, but when I looked at his hand I saw a cheap gold band?

I guess I don't base his value off of what expensive things he can buy me. If anything I want him to get what he can afford. Men are not atm's I hate that about women.

Most Helpful Guy

• When a man decides he wants to get married, the woman is HIS jewel, not the outward accessories. She is what he wants to display to the world, she is his treasure.

The idea of a diamond ring being "tradition" came about around WW2 by de Beers as a way to sell lots of diamonds.

But the idea of exchanging rings for a married couple goes back to Babylonian times, though the rings were simple unadorned rings, two circles to symbolize unity.

Lucky me, I got married outside of Western traditions so I didn't need to buy a diamond ring ha ha and indeed rings are not exchanged in my wife's culture.

What Guys Said 6

• Because men don't care as much as women do when it comes to things like marriage or weddings. Women show off the quality of their partner to their friends and family by showing off the material things they're able to possess and enjoy by virtue of being in a relationship with him. Men show off the quality of their partner to their friends and family by showing off their partner. That's why.

• Most men don't want flashy jewelry.

The question is more why women expect stuff way out of the price range of what they'd normally wear. I'm pretty sure that traditionally, the wedding ring would have been a nice piece of jewelry but not a radically different level of quality from any other jewelry she'd accumulate. That's no longer the case nowadays.

• My wife and I have been wearing simple wedding rings, ever since we married. Before those we wore plain silver engagement rings: the quality of marriage is NOT determined by the price of the wedding rings.

• I understand that. It's just why do women expect these monster rings w/o really spending any money on him?

• Other women than mine...

• The idea of a "fancy ring", to be honest, is more of a desire for women than men. A blingy diamond ring is seen as "girly" by most men, so they opt for a simple band, because they look more masculine (aka, not flamboyant).

• Because girls are selfish I guess? It's OK for their husband to spend 3 months salary but her spending even one month is just inconceivable..

• Men don't like flashy *#&$, we just like to get the job done. End of story

• Il post a link of his ring. Lol he loves it. I don't find it Gorky but he'll it may be.

What Girls Said 3

• Most men don't like really fancy rings. My dad had a very simple gold wedding band but it was still expensive. My parents decided on some fancy material, it wasn't gold, so don't be fooled by a ring that doesn't look fancy. My fathers was like 3k, my moms a bit more expensive because she had a and additional diamont in it, but most men don't want that

• My women/men friends who are married. they got each other 'cheap wedding bands'.no one I know is into gaudy flashy crap.

• Gaudy? Really? Hm.. Expensive does NOT mean gaudy and flashy..

• My wife and I have been wearing simple wedding rings, ever since we married.Before that we wore plain engagement rings.

• idk I mean my parents don't wear wedding rings, they got married 20 years ago an had them for a few years, they went out on a date last week an hold hands an everything, somepeople care an some don't

its just about each persons style.