Is it weird to attend a rehearsal dinner but not be invited to wedding reception?

Girlfriend is a bridesmaid, I got invited by the bride herself to attend a casual rehearsal dinner with my girlfriend, but I'm not involved or invited to wedding or reception - is that weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.. that's really weird. If you're invited to the rehearsal, I'm pretty sure there's a place for you at the actual wedding too. Ask your girlfriend. Chances are she just assumed that you were going because she was in it, and I'm sure she's been talking about it for a long time. The thing with bridesmaids is though, that theyre often not even at the table because theyre in the wedding party, so there's a chance she might not have invited you because you would have been at the table yourself for a long time not knowing anyone, and the rehearsal invite was just to make sure you knew that they didn't just forget about you. Just ask for clarification.

What Girls Said 1

• and this is how, the Best Man, gets lucky with all the Bridesmaids...

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, that's weird.

• Probably just a clerical/organization error. TONS of stuff to coordinate at weddings - bride probably has a million things on her mind. If I were him, I'd just crash the wedding+reception and assume invited.

• You can't crash a reception, they have assigned seating.

I also find it really hard to think its an oversight. Seems more like they didn't want to spend the cash to me.

• That is very suspicious your being played. So she can kick it loose. Not cool !