Guys: what are some reasons you wouldn't want people to know you're engaged?

it was me 2 other girls and a cute guy sitting together-hes close with one of the girls... so the other girl -a friend of mind said to him--r you engaged?i heard that your engaged..hes like who told u?i don't know his expression maybe surprise..but he was acting strange...then he looks at me--i was trying not to listen the whole time -it seemed like the other girl was in on it...

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend has some friends who are engaged. They are keeping it quiet at the office because they work together and she's in HR which is a kind of grey area when it comes to dating policies at their office.

I don't know about your situation though.

What Guys Said 2

• One reason might be I'm seeing another woman and I don't want her to know. Other than that, I can't really think of a good reason.

• So I could flirt around and not feel guilty, hypothetically

but all in all just to talk to other girls

What Girls Said 1

• I am guessing so he could flirt. I know guys who lie about their relationship status just to flirt and then if they girl starts getting to into him then they slip it in the conversation that have a girlfriend/wife/fiance, whatever.