Would you go to a wedding without a gift?

I’ve been invited to a wedding of a long time friend-not a close friend, but more than an acquaintance.

I would love to go and show support for the nuptials, but I can’t afford a gift right now. Should I not go? Or will they not notice that I don’t bring a gift?

How would you handle it?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they're inviting you to their wedding then they obviously are more enamored with you than you think. I wouldn't invite just anyone to my wedding.

Take what I say with a grain of salt as I don't actually have any experience with this but I would probably be more hurt if someone didn't turn up after I invited them than if they showed up with a gift. Of course, I'm not as shallow as some people so I don't know.

I would probably come and do my best to help the person with anything they needed and perhaps drop an envelope with a card saying explaining that you couldn't afford a gift just this second but as a friend you'll always be there for them. It's up to you if you want to promise a gift in the future or anything.

Hope this helps and that things go well.

What Guys Said 2

• I didn't have money once for a similar event. You can either not bring a gift which will be OK or you can leave her a wedding card telling her congratulations, etc and underneath your name say "Gift to come later " :)

I did the latter myself.

• Steal something from your parents and if they notice at one point then steal it back and then if the married couple then notices then steal it again and so on and so on.

What Girls Said 3

• No I won't. I think it is incredibly rude. If you are short on cash you can always get something inexpensive. Otherwise don't go.

• I would go, and in the very least get them a card. Make one if you can't afford to buy one.

• Look at their wedding registry. Most people will have cheaper things on their registry as well that should be in your price range. If not, then you don't have to get a gift but it is considered proper etiquette.

• i don't know if they are registered anywhere, there was nothing in the invite.