Here's an interesting article about marriage. I believe in getting married, how bout you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree, and it works both ways. There's lots of couples who shouldn't get married, they don't have the mindset for it. So it would be wrong for me to tell them they should.

And just because those couples don't believe in marriage, doesn't mean everyone must agree with them.

What Guys Said 4

• I believe in getting married too. I hope to get married one of these days.

• Says "Page Not Found", but for your question, I'm not sure. I wrestle with it. I liked the idea of it, but (and you might think I'm being overly cynical about this) I don't think girls are of the quality they used to be. I didn't think it was so much to ask for a girl that looks okay (you know, still has those feminine qualities), doesn't get involved in casual sex/not a lot of former partners, and is wiling to stand by your side through thick and thin. I mean, the divorce rate is pretty high and most of the people filing those divorce papers are women. Then you have the cheating thing, but that's not really dependent on gender at the moment.

• I don't think it's the caliber of women that has dropped it's the caliber of people in general. You may have to weed through a lot of people to find the good ones, but I believe they're still out there.

• I did, and got married. Now ... faith isn't what it was.

• I'm sorry if you don't have faith with your partner, but I honestly believe it can still truthfully exist between two people who are commited to do right by one another. Good luck to you. Thanks for answering.

• I don't think marraige is as sacred as it used to be because people get bored of each other and cheat which is a shame.

• I do think people aren't as faithful to each other as maybe, they used to be. However, I don't think that changes the fact that there ARE still people out there who's morals include being faithful to one's spouse. Boredom doesn't cause cheating, failed relationships, unfaithful partners and poor morals are the cause of cheating, as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for your reply.

• I'm 27 and have been engaged for a year this New Years. We plan on getting married Sep 2014, so by then I will be 29, which is about when I wanted to get married so I got lucky meeting him at the right time. He proposed to me after 8 months, he said he knows what he wants and he goes for it. He's a very monogamous person, I have absolute faith that he will treat me right. Good luck to you too!

• i hope he does , well it sounds like this is an issue that isn't too much of a big deal then, just make sure he's the right one , as I'm sure you have.

What Girls Said 3

• I have no strong urges to get married, but I'm fairly certain I will someday be married. I agree with the article that its okay to have feelings about getting married but its not okay to talk down to people who are making different decisions in their life.

• I didn't have strong urges to get married, til I met the guy I wanted to marry. I always knew it was something I wanted, being raised by parents who have an awesome marriage. I never thought OMG I need to be married by such and such age and kids by this age and why hasn't he asked me yet?! Granted I didn't have to wait long with him, 8 months. I also agree with the article and like that some people are saying, maybe certain people just aren't suited for marriage, and others are.

• marriage for me is just to honor my parents that I will be a good person and not sleep around and I promise to my parents, to God and all those who are my friends and family that I will love the man I chose to marry forever.

It lets them know that it is official and not just for playing around.

Also in our culture and religion, you aren't suppose to have sex or have children outside of wedlock because it is seen as a sin, fornication.

• I definitely believe in marriage. It's a vocation though. Not everyone is suited for it and it isn't something to be taken lightly.