What are peoples opinions on same sex marriage and why?

So I'm writing this report about same sex marriage and I want to know peoples opinions on it and why it may or may not be okay

Most Helpful Guy

• Same sex marriage is fine by me. One of my best friends of 10 years is gay, and has had a crush on me for like 6 of those years -.- But, I don't mind homosexuality one bit. The only rational reason that anti-gay people have against it is that marriage is defined, under religion, as the union of a man and a woman...which obviously wouldn't be true for homosexual couples. I wish there was an equal institute to "marriage" that allowed anyone to marry, that way they could...and it wouldn't anger those ignorant anti-gay people.

What Guys Said 8

• Whatever one thinks of same sex relationships, they aren't marriage, just like flag football is NOT football. Why they insist on offending a lot of people by calling it marriage, you'll have to ask the arrogant little pricks.

• People who are against it usually see it as some sort of threat to the institution of marriage or to the general public. I see no validity in any of these. For that reason, I have no problems with it and am in favor of its legalization.

• I always get sh*t for my "attitude" but here goes anyway...gays and lesbians are always going to have sex and/or live together...soI don't know what purpose there is in trying to say that they cannot or should not...however I am going to vent anyway...as a father I always have the school, Social Services and whoever...sticking their nose up my a$$ making sure that I am a good father figure...but if two lesbians wish to do in vitro than "father figure" is out the damn window...and yeah...we have Cosmopolitan and GAG Admin sticking up for anal sex...that is not normal or natural to me...and gays are what % of our population?...less than the number of guys who are into pee...but you would never know that from the a$$holes in our media...If the f***ups in our media TRULY want for us to Live & Let Live, then they need to start that.../:/:/:

• Unacceptable because it's unnatural, they can't have kids and if they may want to adopt them those kids would sooner or later end their lives with suicide because of the terrible shame.

But over it all it's f***in' DISGUSTING!

• I don't agree with it, but people are grown ups and regardless of what many people say (including me) they'll do what they want and make their own decisions.

• aside from religious objections I've never heard a rational reason why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry. They get married in other countries and they haven't erupted into anarchy because of it.

the short answer is - who cares. let em marry.

• Marriage should be one man and one women only.

• I have nothing against it. I think everyone should have the same rights and that love is love in whatever form it comes in.

What Girls Said 4

• Eh. Honestly, I don't believe in marriage in general, besides for religious reasons. I mean, what's the point of it? Straight or gay, relationships nowadays don't have the same reasons for getting married, as they used to. I think everyone, regardless of who they choose to love, should have the same rights, without needing to be married, but only after proving that it's a long term relationship and not a temporary thing. Shoot, there's a term for that, with couples that have been living together for a long time...but I can't remember what it's called. Gah.

Anyhow, it's legal where I live, and I believe in all of Canada.

Love is love, I don't have to agree with it to be a supporter of love.

• Abnormal, not someshing in the human nature but they can do whatever they want it doesn't matter to me nor does it bother me!

• Everyone has the right to love whom ever they want. People who are against gay marriage need to get their read out of their a**.

• I am all for it.

Mainly because I don't believe it is anyone else's business what one person's sexual preference is. What happens in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom.