I'm embarrassed by my dad's lack of communication skills and don't know if I should invite him to my wedding.

so I'm getting married soon and I was just wondering about how and if anyone has dealt with a dysfunctional family.

i feel like mine is a dysfunctional one. at best it's getting a little better with sporadic outbursts of non sense. I have never done drugs or really drank, actually am an honors student and on average turned out alright. I aimed high but I felt my family has dragged me down some occassions. by dysfunctional, I mean yelling matches, annoying conversations, quick assumptions, miscommunication, arguments, mom telling me why his marriage failed and thinking I care...i honestly stopped caring. I feel that being near my family causes me anger problems so not sure if I really want them at my wedding. but my dad's anger and outbursts is the worst. he doesn't have a job and has a disability, his arm got cut off in an accident at work when I was a child. what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not inviting your own dad to your wedding will probably hurt him very much and cause problems in your family. To me, his lack of communication skills doesn't seem big enough of a reason to not invite him. Just tell him how important it is for you that everything goes smoothly and have a relative keep an eye on him during the wedding :)

What Guys Said 2

• That's not even a question. Of course you invite him. If you don't you'll probably hurt him really bad.

• Elope

What Girls Said 1

• he is your dad he is the must guy that will love you and I don't think that he will stop screw the world trust me they will sale you out when they have to but your dad will stand beside you no mater what