Should I dress different now that I have children, even though I'm still young?

I'm fairly young to have children. I'm 21 my husband is 27, it was kinda an accident and we had twins.

So anyways I was going to a mothers group the other wearing an outfit pretty much like that link just with leggins underneath. My husband was like "you can't go out like that" and I was like "why" and he was like "well you're a mom now you can't dress like a college student" But why not? I just graduated from college, I'm still in good shape and I don't dress really revealing anyways

I asked a couple of friends and interestingly the girls said it didn't matter while the guys said I should dress differently. They also said I shouldn't a bikini when we go swimming but rather a one piece.

So is it common practice to dress different when you have kids? What would be appropriate outfits then?

Most Helpful Guy

• The page came up, but nothing showed, so I just checked the "Bettys" section. I don't know if that's what you were talking about, though.

I think part of it is the age difference. He's 27 and has been out of college for longer than you have. As such, he's less prone to dress the way a guy in college would and thinks you should be in the same mindset. I partly agree with khesethorpe's answer that part of the issue may be jealousy. One suggestion I have is the next time you go to the pool at your gym, look at some of the oter moms your age and see what they are wearing. I also agree with jangon.

What I recommend is that you ask him what kind of clothes he's talking about. Take him shopping with you and buy a few outfits that you can agree on (like two or three). He may just want to show you off without people giving you funny looks.

• oh really? usually it would ask you to choose a language and then it shows up. Anyways if you go to Bettys and then So Cal Looks I would prob wear all of those outfits.

Well there aren't really many moms my age. Most are in their 30s and of course they dress different.

• Okay, that's another thing then. If most moms are in their 30s and you're 21, there's going to be some confusion as to exactly what style "mom" looks like.

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing on the link.

You're 21. The fact that you have twins doesn't change that. Dress anyway you want to, for as many years as you want. Where does it say that a mother must dress more conservatively or or older looking?

• I think it's fine. I'm a father of three.

You're a yummy mummy. Enjoy.

Better he be jealous then looking at other women.

• Your husband may be conservative in his thoughts. That is what I feel. Maybe he does not find it fitting attire for a mother with kids. Talk to an elder person about this, your mother maybe.

• Your husband's not your dad. He shouldn't be telling you what you can and can't do

What Girls Said 3

• you don't have to become an asexual frump just because you have kids. I don't believe in that. I don't understand how those guys were saying you shouldn't dress like the 21 y/o you are because you're a mom, yet I've heard guys complain about how their wives become less appealing after kids.wtf I say dress in the way you feel best

• Wear whatever YOU like. I don't think you should start dressing different when you get kids... stay yourself, wear whatever you like.

• the link is slow and I can't seem to open it. anyway I would say you can still dress young but maybe a bit more mature or something? I can't see what that outfit looks like. you don't have to dress like a granny though.