For everyone, would you be willing to have an arranged marriage?

Today the divorce rate is on the rise some have linked it to the fact we choose our own partners based on how we feel and in doing so ignoring possible incompatibility.

If you could have a idealised arranged marriage would you get one. Now from what I understand in arranged marriage the parents look for compatibility with their child when looking for the partner. It is assumed that in cultures with arranged marriage that if two people are compatible love will develop over time naturally.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can work, it doesn't always, and since cultures with arranged marriage typically shun divorce, its hard to measure success.

I will say that the fact marriage and what it means, and what the roles are is less clear now probably makes marriages more likely to fail. There is a much higher chance for different expectations and irreconcilable differences regarding how the marriage should operate.

What Girls Said 5

• no.

Not saying it never works but it's not for me.

marriage isn't a necessity in this day and age.

If I'm going to marry, it will have to be for love otherwise what's the point? it's just a business arrangement that I don't agree with.

• I don't want anything arranged,I want passion and love, not a business arrangement..

• Remember passion fades and what is love really? by the way I forget exactlywher I heard this but the chemical that induces passion is no longer being made for the current partner after 7 years

• When I was around 12 my mom told me she wanted to have an arranged marriage for me and she had the guy picked out and everything- it was really wierd, I told her no I'd like to pick lol I'm 16 and she hasn't brought it up since

• No arranged marriage for me. I'd rather be single and wait to pick my own guy.

• I could never have an arranged marriage. Everyone seems to think they know what is right for me but they have no clue so they would only be making a big mistake with the person they choose.

What Guys Said 1

• No way, I would never accept an arranged marriage. I might not even tell my family when I plan to get married. I might just elope and run off to some place like Preikestolen, Norway link and have a ceremony on top of a cliff or something. That is if she's fine with not having the big wedding thing...

• I agree!

Even though I would love my family to be there

I wouldn't care, the moment is between the man and the woman . .

and their OWN decision to be together !