When you stop wanting to have sex with your signigicant other..

Been with girlfriend for 7 years since HS and and I don't find myself wanting to have sex with her any longer. She seems content with status quo. We love each other for sure but its definitely not like how we were in the beginning.

We've been thinking of marriage for the past couple of years but now I'm rethinking it. If we rarely have sex while we're just together, marriage will put the nail in that coffin.

Has anyone been through this, any help?

What Girls Said 1

• 7 years is a lot of time invested. Maybe you're not as attracted to her anymore or maybe you're just bored with the relationship. It's a very common thing that happens. Sure you can still love her, those feelings don't just go away over night, but you have to ask yourself how you truly feel about her and if this is the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. Be absolutely sure of what you want.

It happened to me before. I took some time away for about a week to think about my feelings and once we were in each others presence again, I realized he really wasn't the one for me. Granted it wasn't 7 years, but I know I made the right choice.

What Guys Said 0