Do you believe in marriage?

Do you believe in marriage?please justify your answer

Whats the point of marriage. 2 people can stay together forever without marrying

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if it's safe to say that I believe in the idea of marriage. Sure one day I'd like to get married myself, but I'm 31 and as time goes on...I start to believe marriage " doesn't exist" to a lot of people anymore. I'm not saying this as anything to do with my age, but times are a lot different now than they were before.

Marriages back in the day from around 30s-70s were long lasting, meaningful marriages. Nowadays...it's more common that I hear of people being divorced. How often to you talk to people now that say "Oh we've been married for 10-20 years or more." It's almost shocking to hear marriages lasting more then 3-4 years these days. It's crazy to me because most people now are just comfortable being together happily than going through the whole marriage process. For ex...this girl I used to work with her and her guy have been together 15 years and have 3 kids and say what's the point of getting married?

In about 10 years from now, I don't think getting married is going to be a big deal anymore but more of an outdated ritual.

What Girls Said 1

• Marriage is the manner of objectifying something subjective like Love. Marriage is a sense of security and trust coming from two people promising to dedicate their lives for each other in a world where lies prevail. Marriage is a responsibility two people take for each others' wellbeing, unafraid to sign a paper to give it some validity. Marriage is necessary for a woman if she ever decided to have a child with this man, because when words are just words, a paper can save the child's future. Marriage is like a lifelong promise for each other that cannot be easily broken. Why not marriage when you are decided to spend your whole life with her?

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah I believe in it, its supposed to be a commitment that both people are prepared to work through together as one. I guess when people keep trying to change the meaning of marriage though, this changes

• Part of it is symbolism by showing another person that you trust them...and they can trust you ,by saying and agreeing to spend the rest of your lives together. For women, its very important to feel secure...for herself, and a future family. Marriage is a commitment in which you both commit to sexually belonging to only your mate, and nobody else. The act of getting married is done in a way that before God, and all you family and friends you both swear to death do you part.

There are a lot of financial and legal reasons to get married also...esecially if you live in the US..where states recognize marriage in a way that gives you both rights that un married people do not have.

• What exactly do you mean? I mean, on the surface I believe in it because I see, and know many many married people.

• I mean what's the point of marriage. 2 people can stay together forever without marrying