Is it bad to want to be a stay at home wife and mother?

I want to be a stay at home wife, but most importantly a stay at home mother. I seriously want to be involved in my child's life. My mom is a working mom and whenever she would stay home I loved it...I was more inclined to do my homework for some reason lol but I never got to do any extra curricular activities because she never had the time.

I want to be a soccer/dance/cheerleading/football mom and be there to support them at performances/games/recitals. I want to help them with their homework and whatnot.

I want to take care of the house while my husband works and cook/clean for him...

is that so bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think its bad, as long as you could afford to have only one person working outside. These days it seems to take two

What Guys Said 10

• If that's your wish, I see nothing wrong with it at all. It's your choice. And your future husband will be a very man indeed.

• Imo this isn't a bad thing at all, Ms. couture. More guys are into the "traditional woman" type than most women realize!

The media forces the "career women" and "independent woman" down females' throats like that's all that men want.

There are many MANY guys that will appreciate the classic-style stay-at-home mom [that isn't an absolute pushover!] :)

• you basically want to be your husband's slave. that's fine. does it feel good to depend upon a man's wages? or does it make you feel weak and helpless?

• Nope, If you both can agree on that together as a couple then its a good thing.

• I think so. Just seems like parasitism to me. Living off of someone else's hard work.

link

• "...women that claim to want traditional relationships consisting of turning dials on washing machines and dish washers and doling out sex while you, the man, goes out to bust your ass to support her, are deceptive and selfish parasites that are perfectly fine with letting you slowly degrade your own male vitality and health to make things easier for her." - Absolutely profound.

• Yep. Gotta extricate those parasites, get them to pull their weight. The sooner feminism infects those countries the better.

• It's not bad at all. In fact, that's a great thing you want to do.

• I don't see any problem with it.

Also, your pic is hilarious.

• That's awesome!

• not at all

• It's not bad. If that's what you want to do, that's cool. The only people that would say otherwise are typically the feminazi types.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Anyone can work, but it takes a special person to be an encouraging and supportive parent. Although it's possible to work and still be there for the important moments in your child's life, some people would rather do one or the other.

• I think about the same thing and feel like I'm meant to do that because I can't keep a job because of my depression.

• Not at all, in my opinion, the feminist movement was so that we could have a choice in what we wanted to do, including being a housewife.

• Nope!

If that's the life style that fits you, then of course it's not bad. Although women now have the opportunity to work and have a professional life, it doesn't make the stay at home mom's life less important or less respectable. Do what you want.

• I don't know about being a stay at home mom, but simply being a mom and a wife is my greatest desire. So I don't personally think there's anything wrong with wanting it, BUT, (I'm assuming you live in America) I think a lot of people in this culture would take it as us not 'fulfilling our potentials'. We are 'supposed' to go to college and get 'good' jobs, so if after all of that, you become a stay at home mom...Idk, I feel like my parents would be disappointed

• It's not bad, just be ready to get yourself a rich guy. Or at least someone to makes good enough income to support the home and the whole family.

• Nothing wrong with that.