Why do men open mail that belongs to their girlfriend/fiance/wife?

Do they think they have some authority over women?

I meant something like birthday cards with money in them...or a letter from family.
The gag guy needs to get off my questions, A little stereotypical much? Grow up. Men go through phones too. Not just girls, so f*** off .

Most Helpful Girl

• I would undertsnad if it was a husband or wife that goes through the mail "whats mine is yours" right? that's what I always thought when it comes to marriage. Still, it is rude to go through peoples personal mail, it is invasion of privacy. If it was a girlfriend/boyfriend then that would be a little more rude and unecessary, but I owuld not make a big fuss about it. If you are going through this situation and you do not like it, simply tell him that. Speak up. For me I would not really care :P as long as I get to see my significant others mail as well. >:)

What Guys Said 5

• Imo it's because of a lack of trust. Some people who DO do this, will play if off saying that it's simply curiosity, but usually curiosity alone doesn't cause you to go through your partner's mail.

• Its invasion of privacy and its rude and possibly against the law technically.

I'm sure both genders are just as guilty, You can argue that women are more jealous/insecure than men, doesn't mean anything.

• I see nothing wrong with spouses opening each others' mail, especially if it's junk or bills.

Girlfriends, yeah, that's probably crossing a line unless she's specifically said it was okay.

• If it is a bill, it needs to be paid. If is a personal letter, that's something different.

• Why do women go through mens' phones?

• So true. I've caught a lot of girls snooping through my phone or poking around my computer. Honestly, if anything, it seems girls feel the need to snoop more than guys in my experience.

• Who said I was doing it to harass YOU!

• ...and isn't your best answer, a bit biased?

What Girls Said 5

• Idk, I'd think it's some form of being possessive? Maybe a mild form? Whatever it is, it's not cool. It's nosey and makes it look like they either don't trust you or are overwhelmingly insecure. Both of those are huge turn-offs

• If you don't want him to, tell him to stop.

• Well... if it's a really big package or just something with pretty colors that gets my attention you best believe my nosy ass is gonna open it.

• They don't. Invade of privacy.

Once you don't like something, speak up. You have a voice, use it.

• I think both genders are guilty of this. Actually, I've seen more women doing this to men than the other way around. I see my father and my brother being completely controlled by their wives (yes, my mom, haha). The women open their man's mail, control what they wear, control where they put their belongings, control what is watched on TV, etc. Whipped sissies :-P

I think it's just a matter of who the dominant person in the relationship is. Sometimes it's the man, sometimes it's the woman.

When you're married though, everything IS shared, meaning everything belongs to BOTH people equally. So, I wouldn't have an issue withbmy husband opening OUR mail. But if we're just dating, I wouldn't really like my boyfriend going through anything of mine without my saying it was okaybfirst. That includes my home, my mail, my phone, etc.