Too soon to be booking a wedding?

My mate has booked a wedding with a girl he's only known since December! He was still engaged to a girl of 4 years and he met this girl in a club and dumped his fiancé a week later. A week later the girl in question finished with her boyfriend of 6 yrs. He said his ex was depressed/suicidal and was looking for right time to finish it - nice!

Anyway he has been engaged before for a year and was with a girl for a year before that! He has a habit of rushing into the whole engagement thing but on this occasion he's actually gone and booked the wedding after just 2 and half months of knowing this girl and looking to buy houses after just 1.

His family are quite concerned as they had hoped he wouldn’t do this again ie getting a ring out but its gone to the extreme and he's only 24. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Commitment issues!

He feels he has to have someone at all times, and he wants to hold them down. Yet, when they get to that final point, he gets the itch to be with someone else and starts the cycle all over again.

I knew a girl like this; she would rush into it and then back out. She always had to have someone, but she got scared of the commitment, always claiming the guy was "clingy," "emotional," or "jealous."

Most likely, something happened in a past relationship to cause this behavior. With her, it was a very influential first relationship, which was very serious, but it turned abusive. She still hasn't worked the problem out, from what I know. I no longer can be around her due to the destructive behavior.

With this guy, look for other destructive behaviors in his life. Like I said, chances are that something in his past triggered this cycle, and he's probably showing signs of destructive behaviors financially, in employment, etc. He most likely needs psychiatric help and won't ever get it because he thinks nothing is wrong

What Guys Said 3

• If her father is filthy rich that would explain it. Or he is fleeing from his depressed/suicidal ex

• I think he should wait... Marriage and raising a family is not an easy thing... They should know each other more and give themselves a chance to go through many examinations and experiences to be able to decide well...

Trust me on this, there are many guys who are only thinking about how to get married and fast...

• Certainly sounds like he's rushing into things, he might have some kind of commitment fear because he goes 100% then backs off. Something seems wrong with his brain.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he has commitment issue. He likes being engaged but when the time comes to seal the deal he wants to move on. In my opinion they probably won't even end up married. If they do then it could work out or it could be a total disaster. Have you tried talking to him about it?