Quick Question....So I understand not having sex before marriage but what about not kissing?

I just want to see what other people's opinions are on this topic. I have heard a few people say they are getting married, but they have literally never kissed their partner until they get married so their first kiss is also their wedding kiss.

Opinions, insights, sarcastic remarks all are welcome just interested in what other people think. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• stupid

• Why do you think its stupid?...not saying I don't agree ha ha because I do...but I want to know why you're not about that life.

What Guys Said 5

• L-O-L! That's coming from someone who doesn't believe in abstinence or marriage. To each his/her own, I guess. It's definitely nothing I'd be practicing.

• It's a decision for the couple to make. They have their reasons, and for some couples, it's fine. Although you may go to a wedding and see this: link

• Wow is all I can say to that clip...I thought I was watching Silence of the Lambs and they were trying to eat each others faces. Yeah it's a decision for the couple to make but would you personally make a decision like that or be willing to participate if that were your partner's views?

• I've been in such a relationship, and it was fine. A couple of friends of mine made the choice to have their first kiss be on their wedding day. It's not like they had never kissed anyone in their lives, but they felt it was best for them if they wanted to save sex for marriage, and not before.

• I don't think I'd marry someone I wasn't even intimate enough with to kiss.

• I'm planning on waiting to give my first kiss to my bride! I think it's a good way to show the person you marry how much they mean to you by waiting to give them your all once you've set the vows :)

What Girls Said 3

• It is cute in theory, but I'de never be able to handle that idea, sex and sexual compatibility can make or break a relationship (killed the relationship I had with my ex, dated for 7.5 years, finally had sex at the 6 year mark and were having serious issues with in 2 months) not necessarily be cause we had sex when we did but because we weren't compatible at all, we hadn't mentally connected in a while hoped sex could help that found out that we didn't match in bed at all and so on, and the idea of finding out that what the person you decided to spend the rest of your life with and you just don't fit right after spending thousands of dollars to be together sounds ridiculous to me. so if I push for sex before marriage I def think you should kiss long before hand, at least get some practice so you're good at it.

• Yeah I understand some people want to wait to have sex that's whatever, but I think a kiss is fine. You should be able to kiss your partner before your married I mean not only does it show affection but there has to be some kind of intimate connection. You don't want to spend the rest of your life not even liking something as simple as a kiss from your significant other. I feel like of all things a kiss should be something you NEED to experience before marriage but to each their own!

• I think waiting to kiss the person until your wedding day is stupid lol no offense to anyone, but it’s just dumb. A kiss is not some huge intimate act. It’s not a big deal if you had your first kiss when you were four with a boy in the sandbox. It’s not like it’s a huge deal if you have your first kiss with your husband and in fact, it seems like it would be awkward because you’ve got an audience of family and friends all gawking at you when you have your first kiss. Lol! How awkward is that! Meh, seems like it would take something away from the experience.

• I agree on the awkward part I know me and my shyness would hate to have my first kiss at the alter on my wedding day in front of everyone. And than what if your partner is a horrible kisser...too late to turn back now! haha

• lol! yeah, I had my first kiss at 18. I thought it would be super awkward and chore-like. Lucky me, the chemistry was so amazing that I just wanted to get lost in the kiss. But even then that would be super awkward for my daddy and grandmom to be watching!

• Those guys must have the libido of a panda to aboid basically anything even remotely fun with a girl for so long.

Also that would lead to a high chance of awkward first kiss, especially if it goes badly in front of everyone you know.

• I think it's crazy and always have. That goes all the way back to when I was saving myself for marriage. You need at least some physical contact to build and keep attraction. I can't imagine not kissing before getting married. I can understand if they didn't kiss within a few dates but still. I'm highly selective about who I have sex with (serious exclusive relationship only) but I have nothing against kissing... been known to get tipsy at the bar and make out with a guy I just met.