What's wrong with me not wanting to get married at all.

I'm 100% against marriage, I don't want to get married because I see what happens to men once they divorce. Some guy heard me say this and he told me, "You're a pessimistic a**hole, I'm glad you don't want to get married so women won't have to deal with guys like you!" I'm 23, and I'm not changing my mind about my marriage. Why does me living MY life MY way make me an a**hole! People piss me off trying to force their lifestyle choices on me!

Most Helpful Guy

• I have always found it incredibly stupid that you cannot have your own opinion in this world. If it is not mainstream or considered the norm then you are scum. Even though I do not believe in your opinion about marriage, I have absolutely no intentions on trying to make you change your mind because why in the f*** can you not have that opinion? Just ignore it man, you cannot make everyone happy no matter what you do so f*** it.

What Girls Said 6

• I mean it can always change when you get older, but I doubt it. I have been with my boyfriend who I call husband and he calls me wife but we are not legally married. Would I love too ofcourse every girl, but that doesn't mean I wont. He feels the same way as you do and wish he was here to answer. But I am sure I can answer for him lol. He sees the damage and he's modo- "why fix it if it ain't broken" You are not an a**hole. And the more sad thing is people to me and where I live at least seem to be stuck in a TV show or fake reality and it o I love you after one year marrying and 3 more later single and broken family. Don't let who ever said this make you feel down, and do not ever think you can not get a girl. I knew going into after a year he hated marriage and never wanted kids. Well accidentally he got the kids and doesn't know what he would do with out them but will still never marry. Do you come from a broken house? Or just have seen to many close people to you divorce. We both come from broken family and his family is still falling apart and we are the last longest relationship in his family. I mean his other meaning to it as well is he is afraid I won't have sex or ill turn into a bitch or w.e the typical woman who ruin for normal people and what society shows. Well I tell him I'm already a bitch at times lol but I'm not like normal woman I hate them lol most girls annoy me cause they can never be them selves. Secondly sex is outta the question cause I love it but it still doesn't want me to walk away. So really never ever let someone teel you that to were it bothers u! Your better than that and marriages isn't everything and its only more so for the girl to waste your MONEY! Because they all think they need huge big expensive weddings and rings when you dont. But good luck! And don't worry your doing right, and all that matters is if you fall in love is each other not a certificate or fancy things just pure love and being together!

• You don't have to ever get married. Whatever people think about that is not any of your business so don't worry about that. A normal person probably wouldn't make such a big deal of it if you told them, like me... I don't force people to change their life choices.

• You've got the right to be against marriage and live your life the way you want to! Tou shouldn't have to put up with that kind of sh*t! Don't let narrow minded fascists like him bring you down!

• Do what makes you happy and fulfilled. As long as you aren't stringing girls along making them them think that marriage is a possibility then I see nothing wrong with it.

I personally would never become romantically involved with a guy that doesn't want marriage.

• Good, dating you would be a headache because you would force your views of marriage on me. I know you're one of the types of women I need to avoid.

• You have poor comprehension skills. I said I wouldn't become romantically involved with a guy that doesn't want marriage. Why would I force my views on someone who has the same views as me. Just like you shouldn't get romantically involved with a girl that wants marriage because in doing so one of you will have to compromise your beliefs.

• i have fear of marriage just because I would worry about one day, one of us would wake up and realize we aren't in love anymore but we've merged our life together so deep and might have children. I don't want to ever feel this way

• You just haven't met the one yet.

What Guys Said 6

• Some are going to be pissed off if you did get married, so whatever Therefore, long ago I discovered I do not really care what most people think about me. I do my thing the best way that I can and if people don't like it, they don't like it. Not my issue, it is theirs...

Perhaps a good thing for you to learn as well... Let is go, let them be the hater, not you...

Best wishes...

• I don't care if you don't want to get married. As long as you don't try and talk other people out of marriages.

• I would never do that, unlike some people I like seeing other people happy.

• Your right, its your choice if you get married or not, its the same as if someone wanted to commit suicide, people try to stop them and pretty much make it impossible for you to choose whether you live or die, people are idiots to believe they can tell you what to do or how to live, tell the people who disagree with your choice "Its my life and it's my death, I can have it however I please." Live your life how you want and be happy with you choices, and who knows maybe in the future you may have a change of heart and choose to marry but it's your choice, you live you life as you see fit and have no regrets.

Good Luck...

• There is nothing wrong with it. I have never had a girlfriend and I don`t think I will ever have. It is better for me this way. I live on my own, I am what I am, I do what I want, free, I am like the bird flying in the sky, free, and I don't want to let it go, but am imprinted though

• who gives a sh*t what some guy thinks of you. live your life the way you want to.

• Assuming you want to still have sex with women and you're 100% positive you'll never change your mind, I suggest you get a vasectomy so you don't knock up some girl that is sloppy with taking her birth control. Yes, marriage is a bad deal for men, but if you're still having sex with women, do the smart thing and get your boys snipped or always wear a condom, or both.