Too Soon Engagements?

I know every couple is different and will have unique experiences but I'm just looking for an overall general consensus. What do you think of couples getting engaged after 3 to 4 months of dating?

OMG! ROFL I'm not talking about me! HAHA This is actually one of my close friends...

Most Helpful Girl

• The average length of time between a first date and an engagement is 3 years, 6 months, and 20 days. This is a pretty long time, but that's because it takes into account those couples who date throughout high school and college. As you get older (think mid-twenties on), this number dwindles to roughly two years.

Three to four months is way too short of a time frame. One of my best friends moved in with her boyfriend after 4 months of dating and they wanted to kill each other after about two months and eventually broke up. All in all, this is a terrible idea.

What Girls Said 7

• My grandparents were married after 4 months of knowing each other and they are still together and happy. But that was also a different time. I do think that some people just have something inside that tells them that they know for sure. But in general yes, it's too early.

• Yeah, those people are devout Christians who have been struggling to quell their inherent desire to bang their partner since they met. However, these people have already sacrificed any semblance of logic or reason, so a poorly-planned marriage wouldn't phase them much.

• Not completely sure what you mean by that, but my grandparents were not devout Christians, neither one of them. And Grams wasn't pregnant either.

• i think 3 to 4 months is too soon to move into together lol

• Yeah, that's way too soon. I mean can you honestly know someone inside and out after 3 or 4 months?

• I think that's a terrible idea. Is your head on straight?

You need to seriously reevaluate the situation. Looking at your picture, I can tell that you are just so confused as to what you should do with this mythical 'pussy.' Well, my friend, there are a lot of different routes you could take in this situation, but don't try to marry her just because you won't get laid again. Ever. A lifetime of celibacy (minus your left hand) is better than ten minutes of a pointless marriage.

• too soon! they may think they know eachother, but the things that really annoy one another probably haven't arisen yet. give it time!

• i have been dating my boyfriend for 4 months and I think that its wayyyy to early to even think about that.

• It's different for each couple. But GENERALLY, yes, I think 3-4 months of dating is too soon to get engaged.

What Guys Said 3

• Whoa, 3 - 4 months on which planet?

I'd see engagement after a year and then sticking with the burden of commitment, such as that, for a while to see if the whole thing has a good chance.

OF COURSE, I have not even thought about marriage seriously. But that's the two cents from this teenager.

Cash or credit?

• My brother got engaged to his fiance this past December after dating 8 months - definitely not in a million years how I would have done it personally, but they both love each other a lot. They both are financially stable and prepared to make a go of it, all in preparation for their marriage in spring 2011. I'm very happy for my bro and his fiance, but like I said, I would approach the situation MUCH differently.

• How old is your brother? As people get older a lot of them tend to want to settle down quicker, but more over they aren't even getting married for 2 years so it's really not even that big of a deal. They are still waiting and figuring things out, they're just doing it engaged.

• My brother and his fiance are both 24 - they both love each other and that's tremendous. I am glad that they're not eloping or anything totally spontaneous like that by having the long engagement, but I suppose I was just wondering what their hurry was.

• Hmmm. I don't know. If they're happy and feel absolutely compatible with eachother, it's up to them. But I'd rather, if it were me, date her just a little longer before I asked her to marry me.

But my parents were married after one year of dating and have been together ever since. 31 years- And I think that one-two years or more is acceptable.