Girls: how would you react if your boyfriend or husband got beaten down in public in front of you?

Would you leave him there on the ground, ashamed? Or would you try to revive him until the ambulance arrives?

Also, would you dump him after the fact? If you were really embarrassed...

Most Helpful Guy

• My friend got stabbed to death in front of his girlfriend and she stayed with him.

• This got down voted... ultimate sign of respect and courage... but gets a down vote?

• I don't know. I didn't downvote it...I gave it the Best Answer.

What Girls Said 7

• If he started the fight against my advice and got totally whupped then...I might consider breaking up but in reality would I do it? Probably not, but let it happen again...

If he had a reasonable reason :/ to fight someone and got beaten to the ground so bad that an ambulance had to come and give him help then...I would stay and help him :)

But if he just went around starting fights I would break up with him even if he won every one.

• -would be angry because I have feelings for him and don't want to see someone I care about get hurt.

-would be upset and crying because he is hurt.

-stay beside him and would call for an ambulance. (who would leave an injured person they care about lying on the ground!?)

-later after it happened if HE started the fight I would be mad at him but getting beat up isn't grounds for just dumping him. If he fought habitually I wouldn't stay with him. Besides unless it's absolutely unavoidable I think fighting should be the last option taken.

• Nothing about this would make me feel embarrassed. If he instigated the fight I would be mad at him for being so dumb and impulsive but I wouldn't ever leave a guy over something like that. I certainly wouldn't leave right then and there in the moment when he's down, that's pretty low of a person.

• Why the hell would I be ashamed?! And my reaction is the same for dumping...

Obviously I would try to revive him Lol I'm not gonna sit there and say "ohh your not breathing eh? serves you right"

• Did you get beaten down in front of your girlfriend?

• lol, no. Something I was curious about cause I saw this video on YouTube "man gets brutally beaten in parking lot". Search for it if you want...he gets punted in the head HARD three times in front of his girlfriend. He is begging for the assailants to stop and then she drags him away hehe

• Uh, I would freak out and cry and call 911 and do whatever I can.

I seriously don't understand what kind of messed-up individual would be embarrassed about their boyfriend getting physically assaulted. What a weird way our concept of masculinity bites us in the ass. I would be embarrassed if he started a fight, that's about it.

• Honestly I would leave him. I know all the guys want a pagaent answer where all the girls say "oh I would stay with him" but I am an adult woman who doesn't care. I would leave due to being ashmamed. I would make sure he was OK but I wouldn't call him back

What Guys Said 1

• Taylor Swift stuck with her Boyfriend when he started a fight at some dive bar in the vid for "I Knew You Were Trouble".

But I think I understand why you ask the question; we men do not want to appear weak or victimized in front of our GFs even if we did not instigate anything. So how would she view us if we put up a less-than-manly fight? If trouble started with me in front of my (future) GF, I hope that I could defuse the situation with words instead of fist, but if push came to shove, I'm sure I'd kick ass like Chuck Norris. : )