I need opinions on a Bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding....

My sister is getting married in June and she is going to have the bridesmaids dresses made by a family friend. She emailed me this picture of the dress she wants all the bridesmaid to wear. And I think it is too slutly for a wedding! link Do you agree that this dress is slutly? I think she should make it longer and have a more square neckline! Please give your opinions so I can show her them because I really don't want to wear the dress that is in the picture!

Thank you everyone for your opinion. I showed my sister and she finally agreed it was too much!

She now thinks this dress link is the one! Better for the wedding I do believe! Thanks guys yall are great!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it's her wedding, but that's definitely not a good idea for a bridesmaid dress. I agree with you, it's pretty revealing. To me, its a clubbing dress, not something you would wear to a wedding. And honestly, it's something that if someone wore that to a wedding, they would probably get kicked out or laughed at.

I think you need to talk to her. You shouldn't have to give in simply because it's her wedding. You should be able to tell her how you feel about this dress. If you are not comfortable wearing it, then you should say so. Don't attack her, just let her know that you think it's too revealing for a wedding. There are definitely elements of the dress that could work (see my suggestion below).

Plus she should think of her other bridesmaids as well. Some of them might not be comfortable showing that much skin, especially at a wedding.

There are definitely some elements of the dress that could work. Like the cowl neck for instance, and even the back.

This is a wedding dress, but it incorporates those elements without being too revealing. In a different color it would definitely work as a bridesmaids dress.

link

If you did that dress in black, and then wore long stranded necklaces you would still get the feel of the dress she wanted you to wear, but with more modesty and elegance for a wedding. Maybe looking at dresses that have similar elements to her choice would help her see what you are talking about.

• I told her if it was longer and a better neckline and the back of it bring it up a bit to where it isn't so low that it would be fine!

• @update: I'm glad she changed her mind. The new dress is so much nicer and will really compliment the wedding!

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah I agree that's more of a clubbing dress than wedding...are you close enough with your sister that you could just be totally honest with her and explain your feelings about it? Or if that's difficult, are you close with any of the other girls that are going to be in the wedding? Maybe you could talk to at least one of the other girls and then approach your sister about it together, because they might feel the same way as you do and if it's coming from more than one of you then your sister might be more open to switching things up. But ultimately it's your sister's wedding which is obviously an incredibly important even so just go with whatever she wants and the worst case scenario if she *really* wants that dress than just go with it and know that it's only a one time thing.

• Just tell her she is the one who should be getting attention, since it is Her wedding. This makes look like you are on the hunt and upstaging her...

• Yeah, it's def. not appropriate for a wedding

• I like this dress much better.

• I think it is slutty and inappropriate for bridesmaid dresses.

• I actually love both dresses.. if you can pull it off, it is awesome. The second dress is definitley classier for a wedding.

• It is somewhat slutty and way too slutty for a wedding and ugly on top of it all. Wow a hootchie momma dress for a wedding :P Show your sister these answers. If she doesn't change her mind take her to see a head doctor.

• Maybe she will play this link at the wedding if she wants us to wear that dress? haha

• Ok and remember everything that happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas!

• Last time I went I came back and left my penis in the hotel I was staying at...

What Girls Said 7

• That's a really slutty dress, wedding or not. If I saw a girl wearing that at a club I'd be like, "What a ho."

It's not so much the length and neckline (though that could definitely be altered) than it is the back. It's unrealistic to look good in a dress like that because how the hell are you going to wear a bra and not let it show?

Does she really want to show those pictures to her grandkids and admit that she picked out the dresses?

• Oh wow!... Yeah THAT is a club dress. You want people to remember the wedding for the great speeches and the food and the couple getting married...not for the maid of honors t*ts and a**...

• Not appropriate for a wedding at all. Talk to her but don't criticise her choice. It's more of a clubbing dress than a "my wedding- the best day of my life" dress..

• The new one is cute! Haha I kinda want one

• The new one's MUCH nicer:) love it.

• Thanks! I do too! I will feel much better in the new one!

• lmao are you serious?! that is INCREDIBLY slutty. there should be a pole in the background. lol. But yeah the dress she picked now is classy and more conservative for a wedding.

• club yes, wedding no