Why do guys wear a fake wedding ring?

why do guys wear a fake wedding ring? I am so curious to know why they do this? please answer me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• This is funny but I go to this one bar in Ny and the bartender is gay. He wears a wedding ring in order to not get hit on by women, because they constantly ask for his number or flirt and he dosen't like explaining he is gay or possibly sacrificing tip's of women that are flirting with him.

On another note a lot of women are instantly more attracted to a man that is already in a sucessful relationship (marriage) because it reflects that he can make a woman happy in a relationship. Even if this is subconcious I believe it to be true for most women.

• yes, the thing is I have a thing for him and when I asked him about the ring, he says he is wearing it to keep the girls from hitting on him, as if he were wearing it for me, lol I didn't believe him, bcz why hasn't he asked me out if he is wearing it for me and to let girls know he is taken? lol guys are too funny, complicating

• Yeah maybe he likes being single.

What Guys Said 9

• I would think it was to not be hit on. But I can see girls wanting to hit on a married guy too just to start trouble.

• I've never heard of this.

However it's true I got flirted with more, not less, when I got married and started wearing one.

• I've heard about this, and I would say it's probably to keep from being hit on by desperate women, lol.

• Female pre-selection and hypergamy.

• this is interesting to know, its funny that you say that, makes me wonder about the dude, seeing as he told me it was bcz he didn't want girls hitting on him and it was for him, but I don't fall for it bcz he didn't ask me out or to be exclusive

• Haha I have never heard of this, but my opinion is to get laid. Some girls are attracted to guys who look like they can be committed in a relationship, so they want to be with them.

• So that they won't look like losers.

• Because some chicks think married guys are more attractive and actively seek to fuck them, plain and simple.

• Girls are more willing to hit on you/pursue you if you're wearing a wedding ring.

• To keep the crazies away.

What Girls Said 2

• I think because of the stigma that guys in relationships/marriages are more attractive and get hit on more often. It says that he's attractive enough to commit to, that he's able to commit, and that he can sustain a commitment (especially if he's married). I'll admit, I definitely think those things more of a married guy when I see him, I think it's subconscious.

HOWEVER, where I and many women differ, is that he's only attractive as long as I see him being a good husband to this girl. The minute I hear of him flirting, cheating, trying to cheat, (or wearing a fake wedding ring?) the attractive factor goes out the window. He's no longer the good, committed guy worthy of marrying like the first impression I got. For some reason though, other women don't see this and assume she's just so *amazing* he had no choice but to stray with her. This couldn't be farther from the truth.

• Not to get hit on, i think some women do that too