My fiance bought me a pair of Gold fish, How can I make them live longer?

On our last date he bought me a pair of Gold fish. I don't know what I was thinking when I took them from him. One of them died yesterday and I had to buy one and add into the bowl to show him that I have been taking care of them. Now I feel really bad for one I have been careless with the fishes and one died,and two I am lying to him. I knw its not a big deal but somehow I feel bad. pls gimme quick tips to make emends and also some tips on making fishes happy.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehm, I think you can find some things on Google about them, like:

link

link

link

link

Google can be helpful sometimes ;)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• It depends what kind of goldfish. The small cheap goldfish are weak and die off easily no matter what, and they're used a lot as feeder fish for bigger fish. Other types can be stronger but they all need care. Goldfish need a serious aquarium with a filter, moving water for oxygen, and partial water changes at least every two weeks, maybe less with a lot of plants. Of course they need food but overfeeding can also hurt them. The idea that they can live in bowls for their natural life is a myth. They usually die off soon in a bowl.

• Filter, air, feed them, clean dirt once a week.

What Girls Said 2

• Well first you feed them, and then get a tank if your serious about it because they need to live in a better living environment in order to live longer.

• Well goldfish in bowls really don't last long. You need a tank and a water filter to keep them alive and well. I've had several goldfish like that for 3 years and they're still living.