I don't know how to tell my wife...

I'm not sure how to break it to her that I've been diagnosed with intestinal cancer?

So I told her today... She isn't taking it to well

Most Helpful Girl

• Let her know you got it handled, you are going to really look after your health after this and you see this as a wake up call, you will also need her support and for her to be there for you... How bad is it?

• Other than this I've been in very good health my whole life. So far it's just in my small intestine and its hasn't spread very far yet. My doctor says he will have to remove several feet of it.right now I'm thinking I should at least wait till tomorrow before I tell her so as to not ruin valentines.

What Girls Said 4

• Sit her down in a private, non-public place, and start with first telling her you have something really important to tell her, but that it's under control as of now. that'll really help soften the blow when you follow that up with saying pretty directly that you were diagnosed with cancer.

on that note, all the best in your treatment :)

• First of all, I'm really sorry, but I'm sure you both get through this. If I was her, I would be disappointed if I wouldn't know about it (like already mentioned) and I would be glad to help my beloved one. This not might become your brightest chapter of marriage, but I am convinced, no matter how hard this will be, you become better through it with her. For sure, she will cry and etc. but trying to hide it would probably be even a harder burden

• I didn't either. I cried for literally 5 days straight. Every time I was alone. Just give her time.

• my boyfriend found out he had a mouth cancer in August and didn't tell me til October. I was very disappointed...not mad. And he told me over the phone because he didn't want to see my reaction because he said he didn't wanna see me cry but, I would say tell her ASAP.

• I know I should tell her as soon as possible but don't want to ruin Valentine's day so I'm going to try to tell her tomorrow. How should I tell her though? I don't want to break her heart :(

• Well. The way my boyfriend did it is he called me and acted like it was a normal convo. Then in the middle of my laughter he was like I have cancer. They gave me 3-6 months, and I was like wtf. So don't surprise her like that. Sit her down. Not in public. And just let her know. And tell her you're gonna be OK because you're gonna do treatments and stuff.

What Guys Said 1

• Sit her down and tell her straight away. Suffer through this together, not alone.