Should male gynecologists not examine married women?

I believe that every man has the right to be upset if his girlfriend or wife goes to a male doctor for personal exams. If I ever had a wife who deliberately went to a male gynecologist instead of a female, I would divorce her. My conscience tells me that it's just wrong for another man to examine another woman's intimate parts. Do you really think a medical licence will change a man? And I'm not talking about women who have nasty infections, I'm talking about the young, healthy women.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's for medical reasons. If I have the choice I will always chose a female to examine me down there but if my insurance says my dr is a man then I have to deal with it. Gynecological work is not sexual, I feel that your probably too possessive/jealous. It's a dr. If you have to worry about a dr and can't trust your woman to have a simple exam you shouldn't be married to her anyways.

• It's not about being possessive, which women always like to accuse me of for voicing my opinion, it's about morals and respect. Doctors are men first and job second, and there have been doctors who have even admitted to getting a thrill when examining an attractive woman. It's naive to think male doctors don't look at women sexually.

• I don't trust male doctors to do those kind of exams. From the research that I've done, I don't trust them at all. People are just brainwashed sheep that will follow whatever is accepted in society.

• The Point is you should trust the woman you are with

What Girls Said 5

• Doctors are professionals; get over it.

If I was dating a guy who had a problem with my gynecologist being male, I'd break up with him in a heartbeat for being crazy and overly jealous.

• Being professional just means the doctor is hiding his true feelings, and any woman who deliberately went to male doctors for personal exams isn't even worth it in my opinion :)

• I have a feeling you'll never have a wife. It's really none of your business who her doctor is.

• I agree. Some wives even have orgasms while being examined by another man.

• she can get turned on by a women just as much a man...

• Only a pervert would get turned on during a medical examination. If your wife is pregnant with your child and she goes into labor your saying you wouldn't let anyone but a female doctor check her out even if it was an emergency?

What Guys Said 2

• Following your reasoning, if the doctor is female, but lesbian, is it still OK ?

And if you have your prostate to be examined, who will you chose ? man doctor (that's so gay) or woman doctor (that's so unmanly) ?

This is ridiculous. A doctor is a doctor.

And cherry on the cake, you imply by your last sentence that a woman doctor won't be on the same level, as she can just handle healthy persons.

In your opinion, should a redneck only be examined by a redneck ? Think about it, the next time you go to see a doctor.

• A lesbian doctor? Ah, that old chest nut. How many lesbian doctors are there compared to how many heterosexual doctors there are? Very few. And women, where straight or lesbian, are not stimulated by sight as much as what men are. Big, big difference that you fail to see.

• I don't fail to see it. I would rather say you reduce the medical act to a potential arrousal.

Now think about it. A male gynecologist will see and spread p**** 8 hours a day, 300 days per year. All he's going to see is a pile of meat.

• this is stupid