Is it too soon for us to get engaged?

I am 21 & my boyfriend is 24, we have been living together for 6 months and have been dating for 3 years, is it too soon for us to get engaged?...not married, but engaged?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not too soon at all. You guys have been dating for 3 years so he should know by now if you are the one.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say there is nothing wrong with you two getting engaged after that amount of time. However if you felt the need to ask everyone if its okay I would suggest you think about whether you really think its okay, as that is more important that my opinion, its a big decision and you need to be sure about it.

• I want to but he thinks its too soon and that we are too young--his opinion

• In that case my advice is to accept his opinion. You might be able to change his mind and push him into it but would you really want to? I think you are better off waiting until he feels it is right as well.

• I don't think it's too soon. You guys have been dating three years and if it feels right, then by all means do it.

• Not at all. You might not be experienced enough but you have dated long enough and know each others habits. Good luck

What Girls Said 1

• It's nowhere near too soon. :) When my college roommate was 18 and her boyfriend was 18 and they had been dating for 6 months, THEN it was too soon to get engaged haha. But their engagement lasted about 2 years and now they're happily married.