What is it about an engagement ring that makes you hit on me?

I've never really been the type of girl who gets hit on a lot. I've been in several serious relationships, but they always started through friendships that turned into more. Guys whistle at me sometimes, but they never actually come up and talk to me and ask me for my number and stuff. Until now. Now that I wear an engagement ring guys hit on me All. The. Time. What's the deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Going to agree with aMuse.

To be blunt, a woman's hands/fingers are the last thing I look at/notice when I look at a woman and I'm fairly sure that's the same with most guys.

The thing with a fair majority of guys (and I'm sort of generalising here) is that we don't really notice the small things.

In a way you can hardly call an engagement ring small, but its easy to miss, especially when your like admiring her other features!

My guess would be your sort of giving off an aura that draws other guys.

What Guys Said 4

• I never even look at women fingers for a ring. It doesn't even cross my mind. I'd be willing to bet the majority of guys follow the same trend...

• Sorry but rings don't mean sh#t nowadays ... you girls wear it like it's going out of fashion, so frankly if I see a girl I wanna f#ck I don't care if she has one ring on her hand or many, I am going to approach her since rings don't have any meaning whatsoever

• We want what we can't have

• Not sure. I generally won't approach a woman who has a ring on her ring finger. I assume she's taken so I don't bother, but I also don't believe in hooking up with women who are involved. Many guys don't feel the same way.

What Girls Said 1

• "Guys whistle at me sometimes"

lol liar