Do you think it's a good idea announcing that you're gonna get married on Facebook?

This woman is a close friend of mine and she said she made a guest list and will be sending out the invitations. She wrote this all on Facebook. Now I'm not sure if she remembers where I live, but somehow I don't think I'm invited because she hasn't asked for my address. But if other people aren't invited that she knows and they see that post, wouldn't it be rude?

I kinda wish that I'll be invited, but then again, I have another wedding to go to in the same month for another friend of mine. And I'm not sure what date that will be. My boyfriend is a groomsmen in this wedding, but he doesn't know the date either. Both these weddings are in June of this year.

Updates:
She's also young, 22, so maybe she doesn't realize what she's posting.
I ended up getting invited anyway. So yay!

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• She's probably just excited. I have a friend that I probably won't be invited to, but she posts her wedding planning progress on fb. I honestly don't care if I go or not she's just so happy that I am happy for her.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I suppose it all depends as to whether you wish to tell the whole world?

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl "friend" that I have, did that...soooooooooooo annoying

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Eh - maybe she's just excited.

I mean, loads of people 'announce' their upcoming nuptials on Facebook via their relationship status. And plenty post updates about their planning progress.

So yeah - just spreading the joy I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, a few years later she can announce her divorce that way too.

0|0
    0|0