Do you think it's a good idea announcing that you're gonna get married on Facebook?

This woman is a close friend of mine and she said she made a guest list and will be sending out the invitations. She wrote this all on Facebook. Now I'm not sure if she remembers where I live, but somehow I don't think I'm invited because she hasn't asked for my address. But if other people aren't invited that she knows and they see that post, wouldn't it be rude?

I kinda wish that I'll be invited, but then again, I have another wedding to go to in the same month for another friend of mine. And I'm not sure what date that will be. My boyfriend is a groomsmen in this wedding, but he doesn't know the date either. Both these weddings are in June of this year.

She's also young, 22, so maybe she doesn't realize what she's posting.
I ended up getting invited anyway. So yay!

Most Helpful Girl

• She's probably just excited. I have a friend that I probably won't be invited to, but she posts her wedding planning progress on fb. I honestly don't care if I go or not she's just so happy that I am happy for her.

What Guys Said 2

• I suppose it all depends as to whether you wish to tell the whole world?

• A girl "friend" that I have, did that...soooooooooooo annoying

What Girls Said 2

• Eh - maybe she's just excited.

I mean, loads of people 'announce' their upcoming nuptials on Facebook via their relationship status. And plenty post updates about their planning progress.

So yeah - just spreading the joy I guess.

• Sure, a few years later she can announce her divorce that way too.