Should Gay Marriage Be Allowed?

my stance is that gay marriage should be allowed they are all people so why do we take there rights of happiness? My name is Belle and I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? Gay people hide in the closet because they are scared of being discriminated against. They don't wake up and decide to be gay... It's something that they're born with... Homosexual attraction. Honestly I don't get why it matters its not like if gay marriage is illegal that the men will become attracted to girls or vice versa. Whenever girls complain that a hot guy is gay I tell them to shut up because he'll never be attracted to them so belittling him for being gay won't do $h!t. The problem with close minded people is that their mouths are always open. Keep your opinions to yourself unless someone asks you.

What Guys Said 18

• The answers to these type of questions are almost always predictable and conform to political correctness rather than independent opinion.

I know I'm going to get scolded for not giving a typical pc and likely get a lot of people attacking me for having a different opinion but here goes lol.I personally don't believe that "Marriage" which has always been between a man and woman should be redefined, divorce rates are at an all time high and rising and it seems that the idea of what it means to be married doesn't mean as much anymore as it used to. I can only imagine marriage being changed to encompass people of the same sex will only make it all the less significant.

HOWEVER, by all means I completely believe in equality. In the UK, we have something called a "Civil Union". Basically this is exactly the same as a marriage, it gives gay couples all the same exact rights and privileges of a heterosexual male and female marriage with the only major difference being that it doesn't hold the specific title of being called a "Marriage". Honestly, it seems like trying to push for it to be called marriage just seems like an attempt to "stick it" to people of faith rather then really caring about what is gained from itr.

there are some countries were equality even to a basic human rights degree doesn't even exist such as iran, palestine, saudi arabia etc where you will get hung for simply being gay let alone have the right of marriage. Equality should be enforced imo that respects all sides

Basically... Marriage no, civil union, yes

• Gays have been offered this several times in the USA. They refused.

Just shows. The Liberals aren't interested in "compromise" unless it's complete and total surrender

• Hi. Similar discussion below with Holly916, also from UK. Other countries (e.g. Australia) provide non-religious couples with the option of a civil marriage, outside the church, but these are not extended to homosexual communities. Australia recognises same sex civil unions but the according rights are never the same. Perhaps gay couples don't feel the need to advocate marriage in the UK as "civil unions" there are more comprehensive. Not the same situation in all parts of the world, though.

• link 10 rebuttals to same sex marriage.

• 1. Figuring this question in 'sexuality' itself shows that you believe being gay is only sexual?! ;) :D

2. As long as a union makes 2 people or animals happy, doesn't harm a 3rd or more person(s), it's their business how they conduct their life, who am I to recommend or interfere with them

3. Yes I don't have a problem with gay marriages and I'll even support if it comes my way - just that I think it's turning more into some kind of a cult situation globally rather than being looked at as a way of life :)

4. BTW being gay is not against the law of nature but law of procreation :D - ever seen dogs or monkeys who are gay and/or bi? believe it, it exists

Ok I'm not gay lol

• Yes of course they should be

Marriage has been re-defined in the past, even in the Bible polygamy was allowed which isn't today and the ages were a lot younger. Being a homosexual was in the past a punishable offence but the definition of that certainly changed. Not every biblical sin or law is the same as western countries, it's perfectly legal to have sex before marriage, worship another God, commit adultery, lie, work on the Sabbath so why do we dismiss these and accept others. Marriage is not at all religious as it has existed before Judaism and now allows Atheists to get married.

• Even as a conservatively minded person, I don't really care about gay marriage.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm its biggest cheerleader, but at the same time, I can't really think of a "logical reason" why they shouldn't be allowed to marry. I'm not religious and even if I was, I don't believe in using religion as a means to justify legislation.

• Sure. If people want to get married, let them get married. The growth in population will slow down, which is good; and there will be less instances of unplanned pregnancies, abortions, and all that. I support gay marriage

• I think that the Government needs to be out of legislating marriage. If two people (of any gender) wish to enter into a domestic partnership for purposes of sharing property, then the government should be involved. They should not bar anyone from entering (assuming they're the age of consent to enter into a contract)

Marriages should be done by churches. Churches may decide who they allow to 'marry'. This is a religious ceremony for people to bind themselves together forever in the eyes of God.

• yes

• I don't approve of Gay Marriage, and it shouldn't be a talk.

Marriage is only for a guy and a girl, and not for a girl/girl or a guy/guy.

• You seem to be missing the point.

• Shouldn't be a talk? Oh what so now religious beliefs are taking away our rights to talk about things?

• I am just expressing my view that God made Adam and Eve ..Not Adam and Steve or Jane and jennifer...My point is this nation was founded under God and this is not what God condones. I say gay marriage should never be allowed.

• this nation was founded under the bible, god had nothing to do with that document

• God doesn't condone other religious beliefs, but we don't make that illegal

• Oh they did? I don't remember that... Because according to the story Adam and Eve the first two humans only had two sons. I guess the wives just dropped from the clouds didn't they?

• I support it, it has no effect on me so why let it bother the gay people. If they have love, it should count. I just don't know if they should allow tax benefits on it.

• because of children?

We don't do the same to celibate, infertile or those who don't wish to have kids(all of which I would assume outnumber gay couples)

• I am still shocked this is an issue. People have no right to dictate what other people do in bed.

• sure why not.

• Yes let them marry, I have several same sex female couple friends and they are deeply in love, who are we to deny them marriage, all laws and anything written in the bible etc were written by men.

• I don't really care.

• No. This should be civil unions instead with the same protections as in marriage.

• Of course it should be allowed. Denying them marriage is just a form a bigotry.

• Its against the law of nature...So my take is no and by the way why you people always support the bad things...freedom should be in moderation

• freedom in moderation? Against the law of nature? Support the bad things? ... riiight. Honestly at this point I'm just impressed.

• ...

• So why dnt brother and sister sleep with each other...its not against nature they can do it...but they don't since we all follow certain morals...if we give freedom to every1 out of moderation every one is free to commit crime and do whatever they won't ...the whole country will get destroy and thnxs to handsome raj for explaining it nicely ...but still it fell in deaf ears since you people dnt want to understand what is right

• I think government should get out of marriage. People should be allowed to have whatever consensual relationships they want and call them whatever they want. Only then will there be true equality.

What Girls Said 11

• As a Chrstian, I don't agree with the act of homosexuality. But I also "love thy neighbor," so I'm not gonna hold it against them. God loves ALL His children, and He expects us to have the same love for other people. The fact that I don't consider homosexuality to be right doesn't stop me from saying "aaawwwwww" whenever Kurt and Blaine kiss on Glee. They love each other in their own special way that I don't understand.

I don't see any reason to deny gay people the right to marry; it may be wrong in my eyes, but it's not dangerous for them or anyone else so I see why it can't be legal. I'm not sure if it'd be okay for them to marry in a church, but I have no reason to stop them from doing what they want. I may not agree with their lifestyle, but I accept them and I think it couldn't hurt to have equality.

• I think legally all couples should receive a Civil Union License which is used for legal purposes of a couple. This would be for all straight, gay, lesibian couples.

Marriage should be what is preformed in church and should be the option of each church on what the requirements would be to be married in their church.

I can see no reason why this wouldn't keep everybody happy!

• If they want to shackle themselves together until divorce...

Who are we to say no?

They should have the same right as everyone else to be miserable...

• Put it this way... if they want to get married , let em get married & as far as them being discriminated against in other areas just because their gay... I don't agree with that at all. However I never really agreed with homosexuality. But it's not my business to tell people who to be with but it does not mean I have to agree with the act. That's just exactly how I feel.

• I'm actually against gay marriage. marriage is a religious ceremony and the same religion forbids homosexuality. I don't think you can pick and choose which part of a religion is okay, either it's all okay or none of it is and as the general consensus is to allow religion to carry on with it's beliefs then it is wrong to force it to allow gay marriage. I think civil partnerships should be the option for non religious people or homosexuals and it should hold the exact same rights as a marriage but not be dealt with by the church.

• What if there are denominations of that same religion that say gay marriage is okay? Which parts of the religion should we listen to and which parts should we ignore?

• Where I live, you can be married by a judge.. and it is the gov't that gives you a marriage license.. not religion...

• as long as it is a non-religious marriage then I can't see a single reason against it

• People that say its wrong don't understand the science of the human brain and don't realize that its only religion that says man should be with woman. People have been gay since human inhabited this planet , just a shame religion dictates who can marry and who cant. But that's the way life is in the 21st century. Maybe by the year 3000 all people will have evolved to have a slight understanding of science or maybe god will come down from the heavens and show himself. I won't hold my breath for ether

• According to a new poll in the Washington Post 58% of Americans support same sex marriage! When you look at it from a political stand point you have to separate church and state and it is a choice to marry who you want!

• Of course. My best friend is gay and I want him to be happy.

• Yes it should

• Who cares? Let the gays be miserable.

• Anything but allowing it is discrimination and the creation of second class citizens. A real democracy is obliged to give people equal rights. Sadly, it's not the case.

• So I get a downvote for being pro-democracy and pro equal rights. What a world...

• I up voted you by the way your answer is logical and fair. Whoever down voted is a biased person