Marriage, is it more for the girl or the guy?

Marriage, is it more for the girl, the guy or is it

equal for both sides?

what do you think? ^.~

• Girls
  • Guys
  • Both
    Vote C
  • I like pie
    Vote D

Most Helpful Girl

• The wedding is more for the girls. If the guy is marrying because he felt pressured (she gave him an ultimatum), it's more for the girl.

However, marriage and domestic life benefits men. How nice is it having someone to pick up the dirty socks, wash your underwear and cook you dinner? Amirite?

That aside, it should be equally wanted for it to be healthy. I thought I didn't want marriage because I thought most non-religious guys hated it, but now I realize I do want the love of my life, whoever that will be, to officially commit himself to me via eloping, and I would like to refer to him as "my husband."

• Now, finding a guy who will actually be happy with me and not criticize my personality and looks? That will be difficult. So I'm probably going to die alone, haha.

• naw you seem so sweet from what I've seen on your

answers, how could people not like you?

but I guess it is the internet and you

won't get to know the real person here ^.~

• Haha thanks, but I have a ton of enemies on here xD.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 11

• Both. Everyone wants to settle down at some point, but guys just start wanting that later in life than girls. Everybody ages and sometimes guys forget that. A guy won't be able to go out and hook up with random chicks forever. Once he gets to a point when hooking up is harder for him or he gets out of college, he'll start wanting to settle too.

But the wedding itself is usually for the girl. When I get married, I want it to be something for both of us. Then maybe I could have some leverage in making a nerd cave instead of a man cave in the basement.

• I say both, but to me, labels in general are for the most insecure one in the relationship. Like if we don't make something "official" we can't gave a great relationship, or if it doesn't have a label its not real. Marriage, as with any relationship status to me, is to make someone feel like the relationship is tangible enough for others to see as well as solidifies things so they won't be insecure and confused about whatever is going on.

• I would say both, but in some aspects I guess you could say for women, more in the perception that is spread.

• I think they should both want it or it'll never work. A guy shouldn't just marry a girl because she thinks she wants to.

• Women

• Probably the woman.

• couldnt help but click I like pie lol

• Women but men are the gatekeepers to it. That's why men get it worse for not being married. But I think it should be about both.

• Yes, especially because women proposing to a guy is generally not accepted/traditional. I think though, that since a lot of guys are the head of the household in the end, it's nice if they propose though.

• Yeah I agree

• It should be for both.

• Marriage should only happen when both want it, other wise it should not happen this is why there is probably a huge divorce rate in the world because in some couples there could be a person in that relationship agreeing to the marriage just to keep their other partner happy not because they actually want It them selfs.

So my answer is it should be both or not at all. :-)

• good answer ^.~

• I think marriage doesn't work as much because some people feel divorce is more of an option, communication is not happening efficiently, and morality has been greatly reduced.

• it's for both

What Guys Said 8

• Ive never been on a date or been in love or any of that crap, but being 26 years old, you start to see all the people around you in relationships long term relationships, all having fun, while you wallow in solitude looking around for some purpose to your life. What you eventuallly start to see is everyone you know getting jobs, getting married, and then your the only one left with no one to be with. So then what is there to do? Work all day and go back to some sh*tty apartment where nobody else lives with you? Everyone gets to have sex with people who love them, everybody thinks that they are normal while they look at you as an unmarried person who doesn't have a concrete relationship, and all of society except for maybe a few think that you are strange. It would be weird to not get married, but I don't see myself being able to form relationships. I think that marriage is for both or rather those who can connect with people on an emotional level and feel comfortable wih themselves and can be themselves around other people.. I am not good at that as I am very nostagic, wanting things to stay the way they are. Also I have social anxiety so I think that this makes it hard for me to connect with anybody, and forget about meeting anybody new.

• From my understanding of love and marriage, it's for both. Say what you will about this, but marriage is a lifelong celebration of love and commitment. It's purpose is two-fold: union and procreation.

• Both, or it depends.

Some couples really want marriage, and in that case, it is equal and for both of them, but in some other relationships, one person might be for marriage a little more, and it wouldn't be right to say that that person is more for marriage just because he or she happens to desire marriage a little more.

So it is both, but it also depends on each individual couple.

• good answer, Con, you always make such

detailed answers ^.~

• Haha. I try to, most of the time. You can take a look at my other answers on my page to get a look at how I answer questions. Take a look at the first question I ever answered. That was my first time answering, before I knew that a question from a year ago was too old to answer.

• Both.

• I'd say the girl.

• I would say it is equally important to both

• Women generally want it more than men, especially in this post-feminist age when there are so many promiscuous women that a man can usually get his needs met without it. But in the long run a man generally gets just as much out of marriage as a woman does.

• Definitely more for the women, LOL. That's why women want it more than men do.