What is the real reason woman obsess over marriage?

I get the feeling from what I hear girls talk about that they're so infatuated with the idea of having a "beautiful wedding". I rarely hear them talk about being with one person for the rest of their lives.

It seems to me that it's all about the ring and the wedding...

what's your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because lots of women are shallow, selfish princesses.

What Girls Said 5

• well for me, I don't necessary need a "big beautiful" wedding literally. a small and simple one will do because I just want to celebrate it with the people I love. I think when girls say a beautiful wedding they just mean they want something special and worth remembering...it's like a time for celebrating the love each person has for each other and I think having that wedding is really meaningful. and if I think about marriage I do plan on staying with that person for the rest of my life or else I wouldn't want marriage..it's just something that makes a relationship more awesome than it already is..like the icing on the cake.

• It is kind of hard to explain but...From the time that we are little girls...It is kind of our dream to be able to live happily ever after with our "prince" so to speak ... When that time comes, it is very exciting. To be able to live the rest of our lives with the one man that we love. The wedding is like the transition to that dream. It is the one day that we are the princess for the day...The ring is a symbol of the love and will be the most precious symbol of our life. It represents much more than just a diamond, its all about the life together...

• Do you think that maybe sometimes girls/young woman lose focus of what marriage is really about?

• I am sure that some do. Some people are just in love with the romance of the wedding itself.

• I don't obsess over marriage but I will be very happy when it happens. I think the idea of finding someone that I would love to spend the rest of my life with is exciting. I want to marry once and be genuinely happy with it. I personally don't want a big rock, those types of rings tend to get caught on things and aren't that comfortable to me. I'd be more happy with a band that's engraved with something nice. That's my take on marriage.

• Some women are like that but I'm not. I don't want a fancy wedding or a fat rock on my finger something simple will suite me all I want is a man who truly loves me for me and accepts me and will stick to it and actually be there for better or worse. The most important thing is the union of me and my husband. The wedding only lasts a few minutes but our relationship will last a lifetime(if I have anything to do with it.)

• Every girl has her ideal wedding and the fantasy never will match the reality. Part of it is that fairytale happily ever after (which also is modeled in Pride and Prejudice) and the other part is society's ephasis on material stuff.

To me weddings still hold the same meaning as they once did and the wedding and ring should reflect the couple's personalities while being reasonable .

What Guys Said 0