Who opens the doors?

Guys do you open the door for your wife/girlfriend/SO?

Gals do you like it when your husband/boyfriend/SO opens the door for you?

My wife and I started dating in May of 1978, married in Sept. 1979; I have always open the door (car, house, mall, stores, and every door) for her.

Guys - How often do you open the door for your wife/girlfriend/SO –

Gals – how often does your husband/boyfriend/SO opens the door for you –

How long have you been together –

How old are you –

Most Helpful Guy

• I started dating in 96, married in 99. I'm 43, wife is 44. I open the door for her when I can, she loves it when I do. But so often we're running on normal errands for the kids and stuff that we just get in our respective door in the car. But on a date, I try to make an extra effort.

What Girls Said 2

• Whoever is in front usually opens the door and holds it for the one behind. Sometimes he'll open my car door or sneak in front and hold a door open for me though. And I like it when he does that, it's sweet. I wouldn't like it if he was always opening doors for me though, that's a bit over the top. He's my boyfriend not my butler. We've been together over two years.

• I'm 28 I've been with my fiance, who is also 28, for 2 years. He doesn't open the door for me all the time, but he does often, and every time it makes me feel like a lady. Funny how a simple gesture like that can make such a difference. We don't really do the car door thing, but he always drives when we're together and I like that too.

What Guys Said 4

• I have always believed in chivalry to the fairer sex SO ... I always hold open the door, pull out the chair, stand whenever possible when a lady arrives at the table. These however, at times is seen as 'not necessary', 'showing off', 'overdoing' and at times even as a 'pass' at least out here lol but that hasn't changed me.

My current girlfriend is ladylike in every situation except when between her friends which is quite a large circle and she tends to walk away ahead all the while, gets off the car before I can get off and hold the door open etc but she likes it whenever I move faster (which has to be like superman's super speed) and do it for her ;)

We've been together 4 years now and I'm 41

• I'm Canadian, and not holding a door open for somebody, ANYBODY, is considered extremely rude. I was shocked the first time I came to USA and someone didn't hold a door open for me, because I had always thought it was social protocol.

• When did opening the door for your S/O become rude in Canada? It never was in rude Windsor or Toronto.

Why would you want someone to be polite to you when you obviously have no intension on being polite to anyone else?

Keep thinking like that young man and you'll end up spending more time with your computer than you will a girl.

• Shoresy, I discovered something when I moved from MI. to GA. That is the farther south you go into America the more rude locals you will meet. I can?t tell you how many times I have been called a ?Dam Yankee? just because of my ?Northern? accent.

• Fairly true. My Uncle lives in the south and he hated it at first because he thought everyone was so rude.

• I always hold doors open for women. A lot of guys don't because they want to "play it cool" and play "hard to get", but there's a huge difference between being desperate and being courteous.

• Whoever gets to the door first

• You are a true gentleman You don?t go on many second dates do you

• I get plenty. If a girl cares that much about getting a door opened for her I want nothing to do with her