Guys, do you want a gf/wife like your mom?

By like, I mean similar in personality, characteristics, how she is as a wife and mother(parenting)?

Girls, do you want a bf/husband similar to your dad?

I'm not talking sick fantasies here. I mean, I think most of us say we don't want to be like our parents, so what about marrying someone like your mom/dad?

I could never and would never marry a guy like my dad. Doesn't help that a majority of his demographic consists of useless guys like him. Same with my step dad.

I'd say my boyfriend is the complete opposite and my brother in laws are the complete opposite as well

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it goes either way, exactly...either you go for similar personalities or the COMPLETE opposite.

I would say that my wife and mom share similar characteristics, but arent' exactly alike. Both are pleasant people who are devoted to their family.

What Guys Said 16

• Its actually been proven that people are attracted to people similar to their parents. Not all people ofc but a large percentage.

But I'm sure you know since you're posting this.

• for the most part no.

my mom is intelligent, organized and ambitious so I like those traits but overall the people I date are a stark contrast from my mother

• For the most part, no. However, in my years studying psychology, I have found that I'm quite psychodynamic/psychoanalytic and therefore, understand that whoever I do find will have at least some traits similar to my own mother. I'm hoping for the better attributes.

• Only in a sense similar to my Mom's positive personality traits. My mom goes outta her way to do nice things for me and spoils m rotten. I'd like a girl like that for sure!

However, my mom can have a very corny personality that can be irritating, and she has really bad spending habits while she yells at me for wasting my money on my unmet needs.

• In some ways yes, but in some ways very much no.

• I can't stand my mother, so I don't want a girl to be like her.

• No offence to my lovely mother, but I would absolutely lose my mind if my gf/wife was like my mother.

• No way...

• I DEFINITELY do not want a girlfriend like my mom

• Nope.

• NO! NO! NOOOOO!

• Noooooooooo!

I love my mother, but no!

• No, I wouldn't like someone like her. I want to have a new person for myself.

• Personality-wise, maybe. She does cook well, takes care of the house, and almost never makes me angry or upset. Look-wise, not really. She doesn't have the features I am most attracted to. And doesn't seem to have a sexual attitude. My parents have a sexless marriage.

Overall, my answer is: No.

• No. My mother is terrible.

• "Guys, do you want a gf/wife like your mom?"

Nope, not at all.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't have a boyfriend if he was like my father.

Burn daddy...burn

But seriously no, that would be absolutely terrible.

• I wouldn't want my husband to be exactly like my dad but I would like him to have certain traits my dad has such as being hardworking, intelligent, clever, assertive, and protective.

• Ok so I know this question is for guys, but I guess girls can answer too if they would like their boyfriend to look a lot like their dad? My answer is NO. I wouldn't want that at all! Most of my boyfriend were the complete opposite of my father.