He is going with a girl to a wedding...

So I have been somewhat seeing this guy for a little bit, but he told me today he is going as a plus one to a wedding with someone. I know who he is going with, they have been friends for a while now. Do I have something to be concerned about or are they just going a friends? Would you go with someone who is just a friend to a wedding?

In all fairness, we started hanging out about 2 weeks ago. And she asked him prior to that. I know they have been friends for a while..so I am just thinking he has had a lot of opportunities to ask her out, and hasn't so maybe he just sees her as a friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Out of respect for my girlfriend, I wouldn't do it if I had a girlfriend.

If a girl asked me to be her plus-one, I'd assume she was at least slightly interested in me.

I don't mean to scare you, but I think there's a real chance that she is trying to 'steal' him. I'm sure you know what girls are like at weddings. Many of them will be wishing, "Why can't it be me getting married?" Emotions run high, especially if alcohol is served. A wedding is probably the number-one place where a girl will be open to getting romantically involved with a guy.

• To address your update, I'll amend part of my answer... "Out of respect for my girlfriend, I wouldn't do it if I had a girlfriend, unless I'd already agreed to do it."

What Guys Said 1

• It's nothing to be concerned about. He's just going to the wedding and it's not as if he's going to marry the friend.

What Girls Said 2

• I go to weddings with guy friends all the time. I have one guy friend who is my go- to plus one, even if I *am* dating someone. Weddings are weird... if you go all coupled up with someone then you start getting asked when YOU plan on taking the plunge. If you go with a friend, people stay out of your face about it. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

• Thank you, that puts my mind at ease. I am glad to hear people go as friends. I don't want to come off as jealous but I am a little bit but this really helped me. Thank you!

• Become exclusive if you're worried.